Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ticking noise from BassCat consol

I think this is the livewell timer but not positive. It starts ticking when I turn the power on from the battery and ticks all day long even when livewell isn't being used. Is there a way to silence this?
    Thanks in advance!!

2. Member
    Compartment lights probably
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

3. Member
    What type of graphs are you using. Sometimes you can hear the "ping" from the graph with certain type of electroinics.
    Next time out, try turning your graphs off and see if it still "clicks".
    ><((((º>`·._ .·´¯><((((º>`·. _ .·´¯·. ><((((º>

4. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    Your touchpad is going out
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

5. Member
    its a bomb drop the boat off at my house for your safety and I will call you when I get it out of your boat.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix 921 View Post
    its a bomb drop the boat off at my house for your safety and I will call you when I get it out of your boat.
    Great idea !

7. Member
    If you have the A10 touch pad, try re-booting it by unplugging it for a few minutes. Look behind the pad and you will see the plug.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

8. Member
    Go to the inside of the transom and you'll find a wire buss on the starboard side. This buss has several ground connections including going to the battery. Remove each one individually, brush with a wire brush and reconnect. sounds like low voltage is causing a relay to click in an out.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

9. Member
    The boat is brand new, the ticking noise starts when I switch breaker at battery on and nothing at consol is turned on. The dealer is a personal friend of 25 years and said all the BassCat boats do that and he couldn't figure out why either. I can only hear it when sitting at consol so really not a big deal just wondering if there was a way to stop it. The cranking battery is a Exide Megacycle AGM 200.

10. Member
    Mine is doing the same...............

11. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I've had 4 BassCats, never heard that ticking sound you refer to. I would do what Jones Trolling Motor suggested.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortbus17 View Post
    The boat is brand new, the ticking noise starts when I switch breaker at battery on and nothing at consol is turned on. The dealer is a personal friend of 25 years and said all the BassCat boats do that and he couldn't figure out why either. I can only hear it when sitting at consol so really not a big deal just wondering if there was a way to stop it. The cranking battery is a Exide Megacycle AGM 200.
    Didn't say boat was new originally. This is usually a low voltage relay problem in the touch pad -- if it's coming from the console. Did you turn your depth finders off as suggested earlier. Transducer will give a ticking noise and at times it's more audible that others. I don't know of a timer, especially if the pumps aren't running, that would be clicking.
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    [/SIGPIC]

13. Moderator
    It’s nothing. It is the timer in the new touch control pad that replaced the A10 panel that controls compartment lights.

14. Member
    Talked to Richard at BassCat and he said I need a new touchpad. Dealer ordered one today. Thank everyone that responded.

15. Member
    Heard that ticking today on mine, I haven’t heard it before and it was right after I turned the main breaker on after charging the batteries and mine is a 18 model

We agree with Sherm in that if the timing sequence is clicking a couple times a minute, it’s nothing wrong. If it’s hard clicking in and out and something is not functioning, then it’s a bad relay and you need a new dash.

17. Member
    I can see where, if the lights on the newer ones are controlled by the touch pad, a timer would make sure the lights were turned off after the latch was closed. What I don't understand is why it would click with the main power switch turned off at the front, but the power turned on at the back as was explained to me when this gentleman called. I thought the main power (the switch usually located down below the snifter) controlled the touch pad. Just trying to learn guys as I get all types boats in here with issues.
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

18. Member
    Richard explained to me that once the power is turned on at the cranking battery the touch pad will have power to it even if the main power switch is off, so the auto bilge will have power. Anyway, he said there has been some issues with the 2018 touch pads doing this and I need a new one. My dealer ordered two, one for my boat and one for his. Thank you again Mr. Jones for taking the time to talk to me on the phone.

19. Member
    Got my new touch pad installed today, no ticking sound and it works great!!

20. Member
    Sounds good, enjoyed talking with you also.
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast