Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    I was not the one who said this : "
    It wasn't our gospel today" You said that in post #6.

My friend, the Gospel has been the same since Genesis in the Garden. God takes away sins (covers them with animal skins, something outside of our own ability until The Day He appointed for His Son to come in the flesh, die on a cross and resurrect the 3rd day" Salvation is of the Lord". Not us.

Dispensationalism is one the worst doctrines ever preached in the church. It has cost America the lives of our soldiers, billions and billions of tax dollars to defend a nation who doesn't even believe in Jesus...………………...All because dispensationalism has such a deep impact our politics.

I will offer this...…………………………………..and have for the last 12 years...…………..If you can find any dispensational teaching in church history prior to the 1800s before Margret McDonald had her revelation and secret messages from God, John Darby and C.I. Scofield I will give you $500.

List one early church father that wrote about dispensationalism.

I dont follow those folks, we have seen many people come and go that make mistakes. I do follow the Bible.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    1. yes, all prophesy of the bible has been fulfilled.
    2. Jerusalem being 1500 stadia …………………………..that is hyperbolic language, you take it literal...……………..I do not. If in 1000 years and my understanding of the scriptures is correct...……………...your literal view (dispensational) would not be able to contain all the believers throughout the centuries, maybe we are elbow to elbow in the New Jerusalem ? The New Jerusalem being identified as a cube is very Hebraic, found in temple language in the OT. The people of the bible could not imagine a temple of God so big (1500 stadia) because the Holy of Holy Holies was a very small space in which ONLY the priest of God could go without dying. simply put, its God dwelling place with men now in the new covenant (prophesied in OT and NT ) and the same as it was in Garden of Eden. God walks in the cool of day with his creation .

3. nations serve Israel, lions lay down with the lamb...……………….again, you are being very literal with poetic, symbolic, hyperbolic language. If you take that view of scripture ,there are many contradictions once thought through.

Lastly, the New Jerusalem , whatever it may be or what it is...……………………………………………Revelation 1 vs 1-4 tell us when it would happen...………………………….
    You take a lot of liberty in what is real and what is poetic in the bible. Thats OK we can disagree, like I said before I think we have more in common than not.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    You take a lot of liberty in what is real and what is poetic in the bible. Thats OK we can disagree, like I said before I think we have more in common than not.
    Agreed, have a good evening.

4. Member
    I was not comparing at all. Simply stating God's word supersedes human "sovereign" law and Daniel did not follow a new decree. As far as Daniel being in his own country that is incorrect. The people of Israel were captives living in Babylon. Again, I was just stating that what Daniel did was worship God and not man, which was breaking the law of man.

5. Banned
    I was thinking about Jonah this morning, he knew the ninevites were dangerous, but God wanted him to go. Now the million dollar question is this what God wanted him to do? I dunno, part of me say no because God would have protected him in that specific instance.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    I was thinking about Jonah this morning, he knew the ninevites were dangerous, but God wanted him to go. Now the million dollar question is this what God wanted him to do? I dunno, part of me say no because God would have protected him in that specific instance.
    But what about all of those that have died as martyrs? Think of Stephen, Peter, John, etc. Were those outside the will of God because God didn’t “protect” them? I don’t think so. Not trying to argue at all, just giving some perspective

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDS723 View Post
    But what about all of those that have died as martyrs? Think of Stephen, Peter, John, etc. Were those outside the will of God because God didn’t “protect” them? I don’t think so. Not trying to argue at all, just giving some perspective
    To add a little to your perspective: Adrian Rogers gave a sermon on faith and not letting letting your faith come from your circumstances. One of many examples he used was why did Peter get out of prison and Stephen get stoned?

8. Member
    From a personal experience, I have an Iranian friend who came to this country legally into the state of California. He became a U.S. citizen and somehow ended up in southeast Alabama. The first time I ever meet him through another friend, he had never heard of Jesus Christ and for that matter even God. This really showed me personally how important Christian missions are, and that there is a lot of people that have never had the chance to hear the gospel . Something that has come to mind after hearing about the missionary getting killed was by my pastor. He was speaking on missions and told the story about the 5 missionaries that went to Ecuador and the tribesmen killed them. Their wives went out after this and actually led this people group to Christ.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JDS723 View Post
    I agree, was reading today about John the Baptists death, and he was in the will of God.

10. Member
    A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.
    A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a divine miracle to save me.”
    The neighbors came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “I have faith that God will save me.”
    As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, “Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly!” But the man again said, “No thanks, God will save me.”
    The floodwaters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!”
    The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.
    A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “No thank you! God will save me!”
    Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away and he drowned.
    When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”
    And God said, “Son, I sent you a warning. I sent you a car. I sent you a canoe. I sent you a motorboat. I sent you a helicopter. What more were you looking for?”

Just remember, God does not look at things the same way you do and may not do what you think he should do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12