Thread: New stuff

Banned

New stuff

Just picked up an HDS Live 9 and 7 to be installed and a set of Balzout mounts. Also, a point 1 puck. In the process of getting the Vessel View Link, data cable, Nema network parts, etc. I also have the Active Trim unit that is supposed to be utilized by the HDS. Lots of cables and wires!

I plan to use the 3 in 1 as well as the old skimmer (have the adapter cable) for the bow and the TM mounted for the front.

Put the 9 or the 7 on the bow? Only difference I can tell (besides size) is the 9 has 2 Ethernet ports.

As a general rule, I prefer the larger screen on the front, but only having one Ethernet port on the HDS7 may complicate that.
    Either way you will have only one Enet cable between the two units but if you are using an LSS2 module, you will need the second Ethernet port to attach the module, which is normally located near the console. If you are attaching the LSS transducer directly to the unit, using the 9pin black connector, you can mount them in either location.
    You should also consider where you may add a third unit in the future, and locate the HDS 9 near there.
    This pic shows Connections for the HDS button units, which requires the LSS module as opposed to the touch units where the LSS transducer attaches directly to the head unit.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Banned
    Hopefully, everything will work out ok. More parts and pieces at every turn!