Question 2015 Chevy Silverado Z71 Ltz vibration

I have a 2016 and had been very happy with it. Over the last 10k I have picked up a vibration at different speeds. It's not any of the obvious tires/ alignment/ etc. I have taken it to 2 different places. 1 said they felt the vibration but could not figure it out. The next place I took it immediately told me not to waste my money. They say it is a known problem with the transmission and Chevy doesn't have a fix. Needless to say I am now having my doubts. I have 77k on it and. I am OCD about the prev maintenance. Anybody else having this issue? Any resolution?
    Last edited by stranz3529; 11-27-2018 at 10:41 AM.

I have a couple friends with this issue and it’s all over the internet.....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    The Chevy shake,
    mine does it between 70-80
    if you read up on it it could be drive line ,torque converter, shim a motor mount ,rear end basically can't be fixed

4. Member
    If it feels like your driving over rumble strips, starts around 40 mph to 80mph it is probably fluid break down, there is a new fluid from GM that is very expensive, I have heard that the BG fluid also can eliminate the vibration but don't know first hand, this is on the 8 SPEED ONLY Tcc shudder
    Last edited by John Br.; 11-29-2018 at 08:44 PM.

5. Member
    Check u joints
    2005 COUGAR FTD 225 OPTI

6. Member
    U-joints/ drivetrain is fine. It is the "Chevy shutter." Would love to find out that changing fluid would help. I have not found anyone who would change it since it is a sealed system. The local dealer has been less than helpful so I'd like to avoid using them.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stranz3529 View Post
    U-joints/ drivetrain is fine. It is the "Chevy shutter." Would love to find out that changing fluid would help. I have not found anyone who would change it since it is a sealed system. The local dealer has been less than helpful so I'd like to avoid using them.
    Not a sealed system, the pan has to be dropped, magnets cleaned, and then refilled, since you live in Edmond find another GM dealer to do it

8. Member
    2016GMC CC 5.3 8L90 8 speed. JUST had mine changed to Mobil. One HP LV ATF. Covered under warranty .refer to PIP5337 and bulletin 16-NA-175 well documented problem with this tranny. TCC shudder.
    2014 Z9 250 PRO XS serial# 2B092127

9. Member
    I've been driving a Silverado since 1999. A 99 4X4 Z71 Ext cab, 2005 4X4 Z71 Ext cab, and now a 2015 4X4 Ext cab. All have/had the Chevy shake 70-80. Dealers are all the same, nothing to see here....move along.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

10. Member
    I think it has to do with the rear opposing shocks. My 97 had it from day 1 till I sold it, swapped out wheels and tires at dealer, no change. Good friend had a 95 that he bragged on, so I traded my 93 f150 and few months later I saw in new F150. I said what was with that? He said he couldn't stand that vibrating SOB. I think some oscillation comes into play, could be totaling wrong.

11. Member
    Ty-rap- did it fix the problem?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stranz3529 View Post
    Ty-rap- did it fix the problem?
    Yes it did.Pm me if you want more info
    2014 Z9 250 PRO XS serial# 2B092127

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ty-rap View Post
    Yes it did.Pm me if you want more info
    I took my truck to the dealership on Monday, got it back Wednesday. I gave them the info you gave me and sure enough they did exactly what you said they might. So far so good, shutter/vibration is gone. They said under certain cases it can come back. It doesn't happen very often, but it has happened. Hopefully I don't have any more issues. Thanks Ty-rap!

14. Member
    That's awesome....glad it's fixed. I had mine done this last summer and it helped although my vibration wasn't that bad. I have a GREAT dealer tho
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Good info, thanks
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

16. Member
    ive had 3 chevys in the last 20 years ,mine have all been fine

17. Member
    My 2017 ltz crew 4x4 same thing and would clunk on downshift from 2nd to 1st. Had it to the dealer five times trying to figure it out. Last time it was in the reprogrammed the trans had it for three days told me to drive it for a few thousand miles so trans could learm my driving habits. I advised never heard nothing like that before drove it for a couple more with no improvements. Needless to say truck went bye bye back in a tundra couldnt be happier. Oh truck was bought new with 12 miles managed to put 6000 on it. Never again will own a gm.

18. Member
    To follow up on this post, I just learned GM has a new 8 speed specific transmission fluid available now that's part of a TSB. The number is 18-NA-355 and here is a link with more information: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forum...pics/4990712/2

I have a 2015 6.2/A8 with 23K miles on and I was tired of the original junk Goodyear tires and put Michelins on at the end of Jan. My truck did not vibrate before but with the Michelins, I had a slight vibration felt through the steering wheel and floor at 75mph on two different interstates. I bought them through my servicing GM dealer who is awesome btw, so I took it back to them this week. They force matched the tire to the wheel and roadforce balanced the wheels. This completely fixed the vibration I was feeling. The service tech called me yesterday and said he could feel some mild shuddering during the test drive when it shifted and said GM released a new trans fluid (per the TSB above) and said they've had very good luck with it. Sounds like it just came out at the end of Feb/beginning of March. I picked up the truck last night and immediately could tell a difference. He said it will continue to get better for the first 200 miles. I never thought my truck shuddered much at all but I can tell a noticeable difference.

Plenty of reading on the net on Vette, Camaro, ATS/CTS Caddy, and GM truck forums all saying the new fluid eliminates the shuddering and other transmission oddities.

Just passing this along for any 8 speed GM owners. Good luck.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke