Guy in nitro at rough river state ramp Sunday

Well, it happened to me. I knew it would one day. It finally did Sunday. I got the hook in the hand past the barb. Thought to myself, how hard could this be, I take them out of fish all the time. We'll, let me tell you, it's not as easy as I thought it would be. So I head to the ramp cutting my day short. As I was pulling up to the ramp, a guy in a nitro pulls up. I ask him about the "braid thing". He said "I've seen it done on you tube". Same as me. ...lol.... I'll admit, I was nervous. Didn't want to do it but we talked and I finally decided, wth, let's do it. So this nice guy that don't know me from Adam, cuts some braid off of his rod and pops it out. Not painful at all. Was a little sore this morning, but all is good.

I just want to say thank you again to the guy in the nitro from louisville for your help..... I think he said his name was Larry. Sorry, I'm horrible with names.

Jason in the black skeeter.
    Last edited by bandit 1; 11-27-2018 at 06:57 AM.

2. Banned
    Good to see you have joined our "club".

3. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

5. Member
    Buddy of mine made me aware of this post. I asked him how many people would let you practice on pulling hooks out of them. Glad I could help. More importantly, how did you finish in the TX?

Larry

Definitely having someone yank like hell sure makes it easier. Let me tell ya the ones in your head bleed like the dickens

7. Member
    I ended up 2nd. Better than I expected, not as good as I wanted. .....lol. .....

Thank you again Larry.

Yeah happened to me twice this year with in a month. First time with a buddy so no issue, second time fishing alone at Taylorsville. Found a couple of guys fishing and had them to jerk it out. They learned something, lol. Also didn’t know them from Adam, so thanks to them! Guess I need to figure out how to remove the hooks myself.

9. Member
    Had to pull a treble hook out of my thumb on tville with my 8 year old watching. He wouldn't touch it. Lol. So I pulled it myself. The worst part was taking the crankbait a part. But pulling it out was easy. That makes the 3rd time I've done it. Twice on other people and once on me.

10. Member
    I had a treble hook on a jerk bait in my index finger and my thumb, I jerked one out then the other while my fishing buddy was catching four pound fish on each cast

11. Member
    Last year put a hook in the hand in one of the Tuesday niter's down here. Was by myself and close to ramp and the closing time so asked a couple guys if they could help...all I got was this blank stare and a shake. Soooo....not wanting to think of it too much I just did it myself quickly....wasn't in too bad a spot....was a conversation piece for awhile!!!

12. Member
    I was fishing a couple months ago with my normal fishing buddy, who i have fished with weekly for years an years. Up to that day (a couple months ago) I had never seen him get a hook in his hand. That all changed while fishing a jerkbait on Cumberland that day. He actually sunk a treble hook in his hand TWICE on back to back fish. I couldn't believe it, and neither could he. Braid trick worked both times. He was doing a lot of dancing around though while I was getting those fish off the bait and cutting the hooks off the split rings!

13. Member
    Took a treble hook out of my wife’s hand last year she tells everybody about it cause it worked slick as a whistle.

14. Member
    you guys ever had a top water lure with 3 treble hooks stuck to your finger, the fish and your coat and your by yourself? it was not fun
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

15. Member
    Had one stuck on my dog's paw, he stepped on a rod, and then the little bastige stuck it in me at the same time as I was trying to get it out of him. Then he started biting my hand because he thought I was hurting him. Long story short, grabbed a rag with my free hand, wrapped it around his muzzle, took it out of me, then him.

16. Member
    I got a hook in my ear once. It was in the flesh at the top part of my ear and it hurt like heck! My buddy who was a doctor got it out for me. We had a good laugh out of it and I had a sore ear for a few days. What really hurt me most was the bill I got from him a few days later for lakeside surgery. My advice is dont fish with doctors unless you have really good insurance!

( the hook part really happened but the bill for surgery is the story we shared and laughed about. I sure do miss him )

Bob