Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madmurph View Post
    Hey Bhole51, check out Angler's Edge in Loves Park, IL., 815-877-6062. It is exactly a 1 hr and 45 min drive from you. They have a brand new 2018 RT188 in stock with a 115 Evinrude HO for $22,100 which includes freight and prep. You won't be able to find a better deal than this. The Evinrude has the 10 year warranty. They had two a couple weeks ago, but I bought the other one! E.J. and his son A.J. were great to deal with and we did the whole deal by phone and email without me having to drive there until I took delivery of the boat at my convenience a couple of weeks later. You won't be disappointed.

I can't offer much on the boat as it won't be used until spring here in Wisconsin. But it is definitely a looker in the garage! The Lund 1875 Renegade and Nitro Z17 were the other two that I narrowed my search to, but I couldn't pass the deal on the RT188. I love the deck space and storage. The quality of things like carpet and carpet trim, compartment latches, other little things, and especially the seats, impressed me over other boats that I looked at.
    I have been looking into getting one of these. How good of a deal is this? Any idea how much it would sell for normally? Thanks

2. Member
    I noticed in your signature t lists BassCat Storage box...I am lloking at a 15 RT188 for sale with the seat in middle and would love a storage box instead....how easy/difficult was that retrofit?
    BassCat sells a storage box that is a perfect fit for the RT188 and $125. Check it out on their website.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTide View Post
    BassCat sells a storage box that is a perfect fit for the RT188 and $125. Check it out on their website.
    Will do, Could you possibly send me a picture of yours installed in your RT ? Thanks!
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

4. Member
    Here's a pic of one in my RT:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank You! Looks factory!

Another question for everyone.....how difficult are these boats to run wires through? my old boat was beyond difficult ? I would be looking to run a NMEA 2000 network to front and console graphs, point one antenna, Power directly from battery to front graphs and then transducer from transom to console graph along with power from console graph direct to battery.

Do these boats have a built in channel for wires to run that is easily accessible? I know the fish tape trick that works well on most boats.

7. Member
    I had no problems running the wires in the tube for the LSS2 in my 2017 RT188. I did have some help finding the fish tape as I pushed it through.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    I had no problems running the wires in the tube for the LSS2 in my 2017 RT188. I did have some help finding the fish tape as I pushed it through.
    so do they have a PVC tube running the length of the gunnel then ? (my Bass Cat did and it helped tremendously)

9. Member
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=688734

This thread looks like they did it about the same as me. Take the cup holder out and fish it through. I don't have carpet to mess with. I took the tray out up front as well. The wiring is a mess under the dash etc...compared to either of the Cats I had. But, you can run the wires without near the fuss as some I've rigged in the past.

I did what you are planning to do and it worked well but if I were to do it again, this is how I would do it:

1. Run the N2K extension cable for the point-1 to the rear deck through the lower wiring trough under the drink holder. There are two, one above the other, the top one carries the steering cable and comes out near the splash well while the lower one comes out into the bilge. By running the wire into the bilge, you will have more room to work, and more options for mounting the puck above it.

2. I would set up the N2K backbone as shown in the pic below with the exception of locating the power tee under the console as mentioned in the text on the pic. In this scenario, you will have a termination resistor in the bilge and another in the bow. This allows you to add additional instruments at the console, stern, and bow by just adding a tee into the circuit. You will not have to pull any more wire.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

thanks Bill! The NMEA 2000 network I pulled out of my old boat had the entire backbone at the console with power ran to battery and then a 15 FT cable ran to front graph....I plan on doing this again as I already have that complete system (and I plan to add the plug for the ETEC so I can run that into NMEA 2000 and view it on my graphs)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12