Thread: Retired Dental

USA Retired Dental

What have you chosen for your dental plan now that Tricare Retired dental is going away? I think I am choosing United Concordia but could be talked into any one of them. My dentist office said that any one of those on the list is fine and pay outs are similar.

I switched to Aetna. I still have one "child" (actually a college Sr) in the house and my dentist office recommended them.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

3. Member
    Today I am going through the painful process of decided which plan. I called our dentist office because they were not on the list. They assured me they were. They are looking into it so its a wait and see for a day or two.

4. Member
    Decided to go with Delta dental for me plus 1. Delta is about $8.00 more per month. Delta covers 50% for class C treatment which includes implants. Etna covers 40% per year. The dentist told me he wants to remove a bridge and install 2 implants within the next year or so at the cost of $8,500. I'm saving $850.00 for this treatment with Delta. That's if my math is correct. We shouldn't be paying one red dime but it is what it is.

5. Member
    Went with the GEHA standard plus one. It was one of four our dental office recommended.

6. Member
    BlueDental PPO High and the same for eye care.

7. Member
    FEP Blue Vision PPO High for eye care and United Condordia Dental PPO High for dental.
    USAF Retired 1981-2004
    Police Detective Retired 2004-2022

I went with Aetna for vision as well. No need on my part but both the wife and son wear glasses/contacts.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

9. Member
    Went with Condordia dental PPO High seems like best bang for the buck

Went with Concordia high... dental options with these plans are very limited here. This change drove a dentist change and a plan change for me.... leaving a practice I was extremely satisfied with.
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

11. Member
    I went with Delta high cap. As mentioned above we shouldn’t be paying anything but it is what it is. The rates are in line with what I sell civilian Delta plans, sold two this week. The BIG difference is I get a 15K cap and they get about 1500. When you are talking about expensive work its easy to cap out.