Which finger lake too try??

Dad and i been going too Chautauqua last 7 years. Always first week in June. Looking try different lake in NY. Right now have it down too Keuka or Cayuga. Leaning towards Keuka only cause smaller. Green and/or brown bass.

Any other lakes too look at? Anything special with them two lakes need too know? We. will prob just look for house too rent.

Thanks for any help or suggestions
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    If you stayed in the syracuse area you could hit multiple lakes being Oneida, onondaga, and otisco. All offering great fishing. I havent forgotten bout you, have been so busy havent gotten a chance to sit down and write you back.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    If you stayed in the syracuse area you could hit multiple lakes being Oneida, onondaga, and otisco. All offering great fishing. I havent forgotten bout you, have been so busy havent gotten a chance to sit down and write you back.
    thanks man. being that we only have fished chautuaqua and never laid and eye on any of those lakes will prob try too pick one and stay on it. i noticed 2 have no houses around. im guessing no boats allowed so that would eliminate those two.
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher42 View Post
    thanks man. being that we only have fished chautuaqua and never laid and eye on any of those lakes will prob try too pick one and stay on it. i noticed 2 have no houses around. im guessing no boats allowed so that would eliminate those two.
    onondaga has no houses but is the only 1 and there is a great launch. you also have endless possibilities once in the river. Both Otisco and Oneida have plenty of houses. Otisco has 2 launches, and Oneida has too many to count. They are all within about 30 min or less of each other so I would suggest at least 1 day on all. All offer fantastic fishing and a 20 pound bags are the norm on onondaga and Oneida. Otisco isnt far behind with high teens. Otisco is also the number 1 tiger muskie lake in NY. follow ups if not catches happen on almost every trip there when fishing for bass. The nice thing about this is if you get blown Off Oneida ( quite commen) you have 2 other smaller lakes to fish within 20 to 30 min or less drive. You can also get in the river from Oneida if the winds bad and have 363 miles of possibilites, as it is the canal system for NY.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 11-28-2018 at 07:57 AM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    onondaga has no houses but is the only 1 and there is a great launch. you also have endless possibilities once in the river. Both Otisco and Oneida have plenty of houses. Otisco has 2 launches, and Oneida has too many to count. They are all within about 30 min or less of each other so I would suggest at least 1 day on all. All offer fantastic fishing and a 20 pound bags are the norm on onondaga and Oneida. Otisco isnt far behind with high teens. Otisco is also the number 1 tiger muskie lake in NY. follow ups if not catches happen on almost every trip there when fishing for bass. The nice thing about this is if you get blown Off Oneida ( quite commen) you have 2 other smaller lakes to fish within 20 to 30 min or less drive. You can also get in the river from Oneida if the winds bad and have 363 miles of possibilites, as it is the canal system for NY.
    i meant 2 of the western finger lakes have no houses. hemlock and canadice think they were. too many possibilities!!!!. might be 2nd trip with wife in kid in july too!
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    i meant 2 of the western finger lakes have no houses. hemlock and canadice think they were. too many possibilities!!!!. might be 2nd trip with wife in kid in july too!
    those (2) would not be in my choices

7. Member
    Made this trip last year from Ohio. Early July. Hit 3 lakes, here is my preference.
    1. Ontario - FairHaven
    2. Conesus
    3. Cayuga

K&K helped me out too 👍

8. Member
    I would hit Conesus, that lake has the healthiest bass in NY (all lakes good) but that lake really has some great fish. Keuka has some giants, but it can be tough at times. Cayuga is good, just have to watch the wind

good luck

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OH_Ranger View Post
    Made this trip last year from Ohio. Early July. Hit 3 lakes, here is my preference.
    1. Ontario - FairHaven
    2. Conesus
    3. Cayuga

K&K helped me out too 
    3 solid choices!

10. Member
    If you’re looking to stay around Ontario area definitely hit Little Sodus Bay in Fair Haven. Minimal pressure, beautiful area, and if it’s calm enough just hit the bluffs for some wicked smallies. If it’s too rough stay in the bay and jack some green fish.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

11. Member
    Yes depends how long and where you stay .. there are a number of great opportunities...
    with in 30- 45 min drive ..

Onanadaga lake
    Oneida lake
    Cayuga lake , Otisco , even Seneca..
    heading north area .. Sodus bay , Port bay ..

good luck,, have fun ,, there are also a lot of house rentals around ..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

12. Member
    Think we might hit Conesus. Can’t reakly find house to rent there that’s reasonable for just 2 of us. But Honeoye has bunch. Looks like it’s a 20 min drive or so between the two. Idk. So many choices lol!!!
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Think we might hit Conesus. Can’t reakly find house to rent there that’s reasonable for just 2 of us. But Honeoye has bunch. Looks like it’s a 20 min drive or so between the two. Idk. So many choices lol!!!
    gotta love NY! we do have some great bass fishing...shhhhh!!