Hummingbird/Garmin/Ray Marine/ Lowrance - Which one?

Guys,

I'm looking for a unit to put on my aluminum boat that I do most of my pre-fishing out of. It's a 17' Xpress with a 115 E-Tech. I have always used Hummingbirds and was wanting to put a Helix 7 on it but read a few bad reviews. I was considering going to a comparable Garmin unit. I would like to hear folks' thoughts.

Thanks,
    joey

2. Member
    I just gt a Helix 7 G2N and I'm not impressed with it losing depth reading. If you aren't worried about linking to another unit, Academy has a Lowrance HDS Carbon 7 with totalscan transducer for $700. Normally $1500

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    I just gt a Helix 7 G2N and I'm not impressed with it losing depth reading. If you aren't worried about linking to another unit, Academy has a Lowrance HDS Carbon 7 with totalscan transducer for $700. Normally $1500
    That's a great price on a very good unit.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

Agreed

5. Banned
    A piece of mind
    There is software that will translate waypoints from one manufacturer language into any others .
    Bable gps

6. Member
    Ther's also a brand new Lowrance Ti 9" with totalscan transducer on here for sale NIB for $750

7. Member
    Garmin’s are really nice I put 2 in my wife’s pontoon and I have been impressed only thing about them is you don’t have any mapping options but what’s on them really.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

8. Member
    I actually run both Humminbird & Lowrance units. I run a Helix 10 DI on the bow that I only use for the Humminbird 360 for looking ahead and finding structure while fishing. Then I have a Lowrance HDS 7 on the bow for depth knowledge and marking waypoints and another unit on the console that I use when graphing waters for structure. Personally, I think Lowrance is easier to use and the new Ti2's can now share waypoints wirelessly from what I've read. As others have said, the Humminbird units have issues with erratic depth readings.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.