8' or 10' Powerpole Blades with an Ultrex

In the spring I am getting poles and an Ultrex, do you guys think I would be better of getting 8' blades over the 10'?

If getting an Ultrex then 8ft blades will be all you will need.

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    IMO no need for anything over 8 foot if you have an Ultrex. Happy to quote you when you decide.

4. Member
    I have an ultrex and wish i had 10 and probably even 12' blades. Often im in 8-10' flipping and would like to have them. Would all depend how your lakes are shaped. I will say ive used my poles more than i thought i would
    They aint got hands, set the hook

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    I have an ultrex and wish i had 10 and probably even 12' blades. Often im in 8-10' flipping and would like to have them. Would all depend how your lakes are shaped. I will say ive used my poles more than i thought i would
    I am glad to hear that Stephen. I know when you bought your 921 the first thing you done was removed the Power Poles and sold them. Since you left them on your 721 you have had more opportunity to see the benefits of having shallow water anchors. You will get a lot more use out of then come spring verserse how we are fishing now...I was bored today so I drove by Green. It's pure clay mud at Holmes Bend. They are pulling water so the entire lake is mud. I worked on my boat yesterday. I installed an Evinrude I COMMAND gauge. It's the Evinrude version of a Mercury Smartcraft gauge. My interface cable is suppose to be here wednesday. I have everything else installed and wired in. Once my cable arrives all I have to do is run it from my boat motor computer to my smart gauge.

When you say "I have used my poles more than I thought I would" you will find yourself in positions you did not think of to use them. Just one example is high wind in open water. When the wind is blowing so hard you have to put it at your back because you can't cast into it Power Poles will come in handy. I put the wind to my back and drop my Talons. This slows down my drift.