Thread: Newton Report

Newton Report

I'm wanting to take one more trip out this year and thinking Newton is the way to go. Anything going on in trolling motor distance from the ramps?

2. Member
    winteer ieague last Saturday 24 boats 48 fishermen 4 keepers caught first place one fish 6 lbs. Place is on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by stratosjoe View Post
    winteer ieague last Saturday 24 boats 48 fishermen 4 keepers caught first place one fish 6 lbs. Place is on fire.
    The sarcasm was heavy on that one

4. Member
    Trolling motor?

5. Member
    No,
    all running 25 hp covered whole lake probably

Quote Originally Posted by stratosjoe View Post
    This makes me feel better. I was on the fence about fishing last Friday and Saturday and didn't go.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

Curious if they will be able to make it all winter without the lake freezing up this year

Quote Originally Posted by fluke1987 View Post
    Curious if they will be able to make it all winter without the lake freezing up this year
    Have they shut down the power plant? Was going to try it this winter but if there is no warm water arm then I will stick to my local puddles lol.
    LET'S GO BLUES!!! WILL WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS IN 2024?

9. Member
    One unit was shut down about 2 years ago. The remaining unit operates, but not consistently. Last year there was ice on a lot of the cold side, but it didn't last too long. With this early start to winter, I'm afraid ice will be an even bigger problem this year.

10. Member
    easrier to skip baits .

Quote Originally Posted by bkirch View Post
    One unit was shut down about 2 years ago. The remaining unit operates, but not consistently. Last year there was ice on a lot of the cold side, but it didn't last too long. With this early start to winter, I'm afraid ice will be an even bigger problem this year.
    Do you remember how cold the water got on the warm side last winter? I was surprised when I was there at the beginning of November and the water temperature wasn't that much different between sides. Granted, I didn't go way up the warm side.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

12. Member
    I'm not sure how warm it got way up the hot side, but I do remember days where it was low-mid forties around the ramp area. As sporadically as the plant runs, it will vary from day to day.

13. Member
    Report from Monday, Dec. 3: The plant was running... 48ish at the west ramp...64 most of the way up the hot side with the color getting murkier as we went. Approximately 1-1/2 ft of visibility. Almost all the way over on the cold side was clearer.. 2-3 feet... and 45 degrees. Fishing was mediocre at best. Just a couple small keepers and maybe 15 fish total.