Thread: Cumberland

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cumberland

Did anyone on here fish Cland yesterday. We did and only got three bites all day. Water was 58 degrees in Beaver and Indian, but fish were not active for us at least. Someone please tell me if the fish were off or if it was me.

2. Member
    I was at the bait store Saturday and a lot of people called the store and said they were leaving around 1:00 as they had zero action.

3. Banned
    Did you fish the Bill Taylor tournament? Or does anyone know what it took to win?

4. Member
    16 to win 9 to be in the money

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cbp84 View Post
    16 to win 9 to be in the money
    Any idea if it was mainly largemouth or smallmouth? It seems the smallmouth bite is a little late this year.

To answer the op we fished Thurs and only had a few 15-17 in smallmouth but did find several schools of ky's busting shad in Indian creek. As usual the better fish were underneath but I did catch a good one on a spook.

6. Member
    We did not fish a tx. Just down trying to figure out how to catch fish at cland. Didn’t learn much lol.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Twofish View Post
    We did not fish a tx. Just down trying to figure out how to catch fish at cland. Didn’t learn much lol.
    Several boats went deep into Indian but we stayed around the mouth. Plenty of shad and fish around the island going in so we were content hanging out there. Even got our line stretched by some decent stripers.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    Any idea if it was mainly largemouth or smallmouth? It seems the smallmouth bite is a little late this year.

To answer the op we fished Thurs and only had a few 15-17 in smallmouth but did find several schools of ky's busting shad in Indian creek. As usual the better fish were underneath but I did catch a good one on a spook.
    I didnt fish and have no idea I just seen that on Bill Taylor's facebook page

9. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Had a buddy there Saturday, he said it was horrible.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

10. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    Its sucked for us so far this fall. Have a buddy that fishes about once a week and he is struggling as well. Can find something one day and it's gone the next.

11. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude520 View Post
    Its sucked for us so far this fall. Have a buddy that fishes about once a week and he is struggling as well. Can find something one day and it's gone the next.
    Typical Cumberland fishing. If you catch them good on the lower end and plan on fishing the next day you had better go to Burnside the next day . In all seriousness I think it has to do with how much the alwives roam. Fish are going to be close to the food source and alwives like to move around a lot so this makes staying on top of them more difficult. Now there is areas that will hold seasonal fish but they are typically smaller KY's, SM and LM. The bigger bass seem to have a wide range they roam...or at least that is what I have found.

12. Member
    Me and a buddy of mine went to Beaver yesterday caught two small ones all day, first time down that far and didnt catch anything to brag about lol

13. Member
    You have to be able to fish Cumberland a lot to stay on them good & you’d better know some spots that tend to hold fish every year too. It fishes a lot different since it was raised back up after dam repair. I use to do real good on cumberland in tournaments , but I fished 3 or 4 times a week too. Nowadays I only get to go once a week & I suck *ss nowadays too. With the water temps i’d say it’s time for the old floatnfly.

Last Thursday I would have liked to try out Garmin's livescope. The smallmouth were not on the bank, but out in the middle of the creeks chasing bait around, and not showing themselves very often, but when the did you could catch one if you were quick enough.

15. Member
    I haven't been there in two weeks, and didn't set any records the last couple times I went. I am however planning on KILLIN'EM this weekend. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! I am planning to fish Sunday if the weather doesn't look like constant rain. I'm hoping the crankbait bite will be happening by then.

16. Member
    We split the day - dale hollow till 1130– caught 3 so went to fall creek area and had 3– both kicked our asses today

17. Member
    We caught about 20 1lm rest smallies biggest 19.5 on dale hollow today. Channel turns main lake between Hendricks creeks and cedar hill. AND WE DIDNT HAVE TO FISH IN 30 40 OR 50 FEET OF WATER. Good day going to Cumberland tomorrow.

18. Banned
    We caught about 20 1lm rest smallies biggest 19.5 on dale hollow today. Channel turns main lake between Hendricks creeks and cedar hill. AND WE DIDNT HAVE TO FISH IN 30 40 OR 50 FEET OF WATER. Good day going to Cumberland tomorrow.
    What was water temp?

19. Member
    54-55

20. Banned
    54-55
    Thanks. Sounds like a few crazy days of weather coming up. Things should get interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast