Thread: Why is it?

Why is it?

Two squirrels playing the grab ass game and holding tryouts for their circus performances can make more noise than a herd of buffalo running through the woods.
    but the deer can literally walk right up behind me and I never hear them til they blow and stomp and RUNNOFT
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

2. Banned
    They most likely smelled you.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by catjuggin View Post
    Two squirrels playing the grab ass game and holding tryouts for their circus performances can make more noise than a herd of buffalo running through the woods.
    but the deer can literally walk right up behind me and I never hear them til they blow and stomp and RUNNOFT
    Just like Mrs. Hogwallop.

4. Member
    Deer step over all the leaves and twigs squirrels have to go through then essentially moving everything.

5. Member
    I've hunted in the famous Tensas swamp here in Louisiana a few times several years ago. Much of it is slap full of palmetto. One morning I heard something coming through the palmetto and I was thinking a bear with all the noise it was making. Turned out to be a young doe. I had my muzzleloader and shot at it looking straight on. Apparently I missed it as the deer was gone when the smoke cleared. Here's the strange part, it made all that racket with the deer just slowly walking through the palmetto, but when it ran off it never made a sound. Unbelievable. They can go stealth at any time.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Paduke View Post
    Just like Mrs. Hogwallop.
    Yup, just what I was thinking. Hilarious movie!

7. Member
    It's like a hustler doing a sleight of hand trick: distract and deceive. The deer probably pay squirrels to distract you and pay no attention to the minor leaf rustle behind you. It isn't until I hear the snap of a twig that I know I've been had.