Question Best smallmouth guide on the St. Lawrence?

Ok so I am from Texas and am looking for advice on who the best smallmouth guide is for the St. Lawrence river. Looking to get a 3 day trip in 2019. So who do y’all think is the best of the best in that area? Thanks in advance!

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    http://www.mohawktrailsguide.com/services.html Will Clute from Gajo baits.. This man will put you on some smallmouth of a lifetime.

3. Member
    ^ this guy is legit and best part is because you’re on reservation land, you don’t need a license when booking with him. Or I would get in contact with Travis Manson. He guides on the river as well
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

4. Member
    I think Travis does more guiding on the NE corner for Lake Ontario. I know that's where he fishes every BFL and Costa tournament. Reservation land is farther up north. Dean Meckes is a well-known guide out of Clayton, has guided for Zona and was on an episode of Hook & Look.

5. Member
    I would go with bill lortz to be honest. Hes went full time guiding the last few years and has been hammering them on Ontario and will go in the river if you prefer

6. Member
    You are gona need more than 3Days. The scenery alone is worth the trip. Once you get the brown fever nothing will compare to it. Not even the slugs you guys have in Texas. You'll Quit your job. sell the ranch and Move the family. Start looking at real estate adds in Clayton NY.A good place to stay while you are there is West Winds Motel and Cottages. Very nice family friendly. Right on the river Close to Clayton center. PS a good snow thorougher runs about $ 1000.00 bucks

7. Member
    yeah we go on a trip every year last year we went to mille lacs and the year before to st Claire. it is really nice up there!

8. Member
    Without a doubt Bill Lortz with NY Northcounty Bassin. He's been pounding some really good Browns in the 6-7.5 lb range. Check out pictures on his Facebook page.

9. Member
    Bill Lortz is indeed the man. Give him a call, he's a good guy, very knowledgeable. http://nynorthcountrybassin.com/contact.html

10. Member
    Do not contact Will. I just posted my experience I had in the lounge. If you care to read it everything I experienced is detailed. Do not under any circumstance let Will put you in a boat with Garry Woodruff, he has as much business calling himself a guide, as I do building space shuttles!

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=985065
    Last edited by jdbassman; 05-21-2019 at 04:12 PM.

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbassman View Post
    Do not contact Will. I just posted my experience I had in the lounge. If you care to read it everything I experienced is detailed. Do not under any circumstance let Will put you in a boat with Garry Woodruff, he has as much business calling himself a guide, as I do building space shuttles!
    link?

12. Member
    Like I said in the last post I would go with Bill Lortz. He doesnt need to puff himself up and talk a big game like others mentioned in this post. Hes a hell of a fisherman and does it the right way