NMEA on new Skeeter

Is Skeeter adding the NMEA starter kit to the Lowrance Elite Units in 2018 or is this going to have to be added? I am wanting a point 1 and Yamaha Interface. Not sure if my Elite 12" at the console has it already.

2. Member
    It already has a NMEA network.
    You will need the Yamaha engine cable and the Point 1 antenna. I also recommend converting to the digital water pressure sensor as well.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    Rick what is the digital water pressure sensor?

4. Member
    Did you have Boerne Marine install point 1 and Yamaha interface? I just ordered a new Live 12" unit and want to get it all going with all the goodies.

5. Member
    If you want all of the goodies and enjoy music on occasion....don't leave out the sonic hub and an amp and a few speakers...its a really cool feature that allows you to stream music or use Sirius Radio (also another option at an extra cost)...and control it all from your touch screen fish finder/gps...or from your smart phone...have fun! I hope this helps!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreese View Post
    Did you have Boerne Marine install point 1 and Yamaha interface? I just ordered a new Live 12" unit and want to get it all going with all the goodies.
    No, I installed it myself.
    I do a lot of my own installations and maintenance. Ryan at Boerne Marine does good work though.
    Yamaha makes a digital water pressure sensor for the SHO. It's a drop fit replacement of the analog and the engine harness plug is already there. Install the sensor and plug-n-play.
    I also replaced my fuel sensor with a Lowrance NMEA fluid level sensor.
    Essentially everything on my boat is now NMEA2000. I replaced the analog gauges with Lowrance LMF400 NMEA gauges. This is the second boat I've done. I feel it's worth the time and money to keep track of all of your engines functions.

Nice add for the Live 12". To get better mapping I added a Helix 7 at the console for the Lakemaster HD maps. Being able to adjust the lake level is a big safety feature for me.
    Last edited by rickmb; 11-25-2018 at 08:01 PM.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Member
    Can you share some partnumbers. Interested in doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by rickmb View Post
    No, I installed it myself.
    I do a lot of my own installations and maintenance. Ryan at Boerne Marine does good work though.
    Yamaha makes a digital water pressure sensor for the SHO. It's a drop fit replacement of the analog and the engine harness plug is already there. Install the sensor and plug-n-play.
    I also replaced my fuel sensor with a Lowrance NMEA fluid level sensor.
    Essentially everything on my boat is now NMEA2000. I replaced the analog gauges with Lowrance LMF400 NMEA gauges. This is the second boat I've done. I feel it's worth the time and money to keep track of all of your engines functions.

Nice add for the Live 12". To get better mapping I added a Helix 7 at the console for the Lakemaster HD maps. Being able to adjust the lake level is a big safety feature for me.
    2019 ZX225
    Ultrex 112lb i-Pilot Link
    Minkotta 4 bank charger
    Dual Power Pole Pro-II
    Bobs Hydraulic Jack plate

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kuee95 View Post
    Can you share some partnumbers. Interested in doing the same.
    Water Pressure Sensor:
    69J-8A4L0-15-00 CL WATER PRESSURE SENSOR 69J-8A4L0-15-00

Lowrance Yamaha Engine Interface Cable:
    Part Number: 000-0120-37

Lowrance LMF400 Gauge
    Part Number: LMF-400

Lowrance Fluid Level:
    Part Number: 000-11518-001
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

Do you have any pics of the lmf400 gauge installed?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreese View Post
    Is Skeeter adding the NMEA starter kit to the Lowrance Elite Units in 2018 or is this going to have to be added? I am wanting a point 1 and Yamaha Interface. Not sure if my Elite 12" at the console has it already.
    What boat? I'm going to assume if you have Elite units it's a ZX. If that's the case, you will need a NMEA starter kit.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bugmaniac52 View Post
    What boat? I'm going to assume if you have Elite units it's a ZX. If that's the case, you will need a NMEA starter kit.
    If it came with Elite TI units it already has a NMEA network - they share way points via the NMEA 2000 network.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adtalbot430 View Post
    Do you have any pics of the lmf400 gauge installed?

I can take out the water pressure gauge now but I need to put something in it's place.
    Thinking of a RAM mount for an old phone to use for maps. Navionics on a mobile device is way better that on the Lowrance unit.
    I only use the Helix 7 for Lake Master maps.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmb View Post
    If it came with Elite TI units it already has a NMEA network - they share way points via the NMEA 2000 network.
    correct. my mistake