Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Kerr was fishing good last weekend for me. Last Friday and Sunday my best 5 would have been in the 14-15 range both days.
    Fished the ECU tournament today, 16 lb won it. We had a limit just over 12, no wind and no sun hurt my bite.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilslure View Post
    Kerr was fishing good last weekend for me. Last Friday and Sunday my best 5 would have been in the 14-15 range both days.
    Fished the ECU tournament today, 16 lb won it. We had a limit just over 12, no wind and no sun hurt my bite.
    Kerr was on fire for sure a few weeks ago. We caught 30+ keepers the last two tournaments but it’s changed. Not sure where the winners fished yesterday but a few boats made the run from Clarksville down to Nutbush to find clearer water. Good job today, it was nasty yesterday with the rain but it’s still fishing and NOT working
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225

3. Member
    Well I am in. If I go I will definitely post for you. On the 25 we caught a bunch of bass and strippers on a rig at gaston. 15/20 fow. Good jigging bite should start soon, with collder. Temps

4. Member
    Had a tough time Sunday at Harris. Only caught 3 bass with 1 good one. Thought a few fish may move up with the warmer temps. Found upper 50 degree surface temps in a few pockets, but couldn't get bit shallow. Fish I caught were all offshore in 15-20 fow. Fish were scattered and weren't really grouped up in their winter areas yet.
    2008 Ranger Z21 (Red/Black) w/ 2008 Yamaha 250 HP VMAX Series 2

I went to lake royale yesterday and sucked it up. Caught 3(one on blade two on jerk) Water temp almost got to 60°. I focused to much on wanting a deep water bite. Fished spoon, blades, and jerks mostly. I wanted to throw a cb shallow but the lake is covered with leaves so bad. Probably be a few weeks before before I get back out. Wife and I just had our third child. Oldest is almost 22 yo. Boy this is gonna wear us out this time around.
    Eric Goff
    2019 Nitro Z20
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4s
    model #12500033A
    SB590181

6. Banned
    Went to Norman yesterday and it was the toughest day I've had all year. We caught 13. Water temperature was in the mid 50's. the fish just seem to be in the transition from their fall pattern to their winter areas and scattered. I think the water temperature just needs to drop a little bit more and it will become consistent again.

Start fishing red clay banks. It holds heat. I'll start at first light fishing them that the sun was hitting the previous afternoon. Jerkbait, jig or flat sided crankbait. If you ever get to Norman in the winter it will surprise you how shallow the fish will get. Many years ago won a tournament on Tillery in early January and all fish came out of less than two feet of water
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

8. I'm your Huckleberry Chuck D's Avatar
    Find bait in the Winter and you find fish (at least on Norman). RB's right about em being shallow (clay banks, rocks that get direct long periods of sunlight, etc) if it's dead calm or overcast and also calm consider vertical fishing as well if the shallow ones won't play ball, there have been many a fish caught "TV Fishing" meaning using electronics to drop spoons, drop shots, Duo Realis / Prop baits in to schools of fish in 20-70' of water there. You just might hit the motherlode if you find bait in deep water that's close to shallow water and on or near the river channel. That can get real fun, real fast.

9. Member
    As you can easily see by my I.D. I do not live (or fish) in North Carolina. It's gotten cold here. Yesterday it was 36 went up to 39 water temperature. Airtemp 25 to 39. I went out yesterday on the (tidal) river and got 7 or 8 bass, all but 2 over 12 inches in 6 hours. 8 bass 4 pickerel one crappie. Last week I got 17 keepers but the water was much warmer at 45-49 degrees.
    Anyhow, I fish "the" dropoff. I troll parallel to the shoreline and establish where the water drops from 2 feet to about 6, and concentrate my casts ther. I'm using a 7&1/2 foot medium light spinning rod, a small deep diving Rapala with one or two Suspendots and 8 pound test line. The absolute universal factoid about cold water (45 or less) you have to slow down or have a period of time when your bait is stopped.
    Might help, might not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12