One blade sticks down

I have power pole blades 8 ft. The port side gets stuck in the down position when fully deployed. It does this in Open Water. It will eventually come up after 10 seconds to two minutes of holding down the switch it does this no matter which remote I am using. The pump runs is just seems like it's either bypassing or something stuck in the lines. I have checked all the lines and nothing is pinched. I have seen a couple of threads on this but never really seen an answer. Outside of installing some sort of rubber block. Any ideas?

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I would check the pivot bolts make sure they are not overtightened as well as check the hoses themselves to make sure you have proper amount of slack.

3. Member
    Bolts were too tight. Gotta find the happy medium between too tight and a wobbly mess. Thanks for the help.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bkeenom View Post
    Bolts were too tight. Gotta find the happy medium between too tight and a wobbly mess. Thanks for the help.
    Very welcome bud, always here if you need me! Glad we got ya fixed

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Very welcome bud, always here if you need me! Glad we got ya fixed
    KandK would the tight pivot bolts happen on new blades? Took mine out last weekend to do the open water bleeding and my starboard pole would get stuck down occasionally. I would have to start moving forward at a fairly quick pace to get it to start moving to stow.

Thanks,

Robert
    Last edited by mastergun; 01-09-2019 at 08:32 PM.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Robert. I would first check to make sure you have enough slack in your hydraulic lines first. You can check the pivot bolts as well and try to back them out a little. Personally sounds like that pole needs to be bleed more still little air trapped . Be sure check the fluid level in that particular pump as well.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    The only bolts that should be tight (snug with hand tools) are the two lowest pivot bolts that attach the u-channels to the stern bracket. All others should be flush with the lock nut. Keeping the bottom two tight prevents any "slop" you might be experiencing. All of the other bolts are just for pivoting purposes.

Also, make sure the hose ins't being pinched at full deployment. The hoses should push out of the stern bracket when deployed but if something stops them from being able to do so they can pinch inside the u-channels. Usually a really short routing directly into the hull or being zip-tied to something close to the exit from the bracket will cause this.

As for the new units, making sure they are fully primed as K&K stated is very important.