Thread: Help Please.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Beautiful boat!!!
    i think that’s a 209
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

2. Member
    Love the colors on your new boat. My buddy has a 209 and it's a blast to drive. I have a 2001 Intimidator 2000 with a 225 EFI and his is easier to drive than mine. I have family in Lebanon Tn and have passed through Cookeville lots of times. Maybe one of these days we'll hook up and go fishing.

3. Member
    I want to eventually put a 225 on mine. Sounds good , we can go hit dale hollow for some small mouth or center hill for large mouth. Or both. I am about to head to center hill this morning.

4. Member
    My 1st Gambler was a 94 209 with a 98 225 efi. I ran a 25 and 26 trophy and manual jp. No trim tabs but they were not needed. The 209 was 1 of if not the best of the Gambler hulls. Good luck..

5. Member
    Mine has a 26 trophy and manual jp. Chine walk starts at 69mph and stil have plenty of throttle left so i think most of it is because the prop shaft is 3 1/2in below the pad. Jackplate and motor are both at max height so I am probably going to drill the jp another inch or get a hydrolic jp to try 2 1/2in.
    2000 Tr21, 225 EFI

6. Member
    Raising the motor really helps with the chine walking but just be careful with your water pressure. If you go to high and loose water pressure you might be getting a 225 sooner than you planned.

7. Member
    It has low water pickups but I am going to put a nose cone on it too.
    2000 Tr21, 225 EFI

8. Member
    Looks like a 209 to me. I have done a lot of upgrading to mine over the years. Rewiring, lighting, motor, dash, etc. The over flows only kinda work. I installed smaller pumps on mine when I had to replace one. I also installed pump outs to the live wells and another bilge discharge to the back of mine. It's like a classic car it's not a boat...it's a project.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by FUN CHASER View Post
    Hello Gamblers. I am new to this site and glad to have finally found a place with experienced Gambler owners. I have owned several boats and purchased my first gambler early this spring which is my favorite so far. All though I do have a few small issues and hope someone on here can help me. First I can not figure out which model Gambler I have. It is a 96 with a mercury 200 efi, single console and measures 19'3" from nose to the straight edge of the transom (immediately behind rear deck) HIN # SOEUS24GB696. I also can not figure out if it is supposed to have pumpouts. I have a single discharge outlet on each SIDE of the boat below the rub rail even with the back of the seat. Any info will help . Thanks.
    Based upon the serial number it is a 1996 Gambler 209 GE

Gambler Bass Boats

10. Member
    Thank you GBS.
    2000 Tr21, 225 EFI

11. Member
    We were a gambler dealer thru the 90's, J.R.Britt was right, you have an intimidator, Dale Earnhardt edition. I still own a 96 intimidator myself. There was no pumpout available at that time just fill pumps and reciculating pumps. The recirc system can be modded to have a pumpout rather easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc Doc View Post
    We were a gambler dealer thru the 90's, J.R.Britt was right, you have an intimidator, Dale Earnhardt edition. I still own a 96 intimidator myself. There was no pumpout available at that time just fill pumps and reciculating pumps. The recirc system can be modded to have a pumpout rather easily.
    wow, myself, the serial number and Gambler were wrong!
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

13. Member
    Thanks for all the responses, I really appreciate them. Haven't been on here for a few days, I am on vacation all this month and have stayed on the water every day this week (taking full advantage ) Had a first of my life friday, third cast of the day I had a 6 to 7 lb smallmouth break my rod right at the boat.... it was a great day, grabbed another rod and put 6 more in the boat.
    2000 Tr21, 225 EFI

14. Member
    there's nothing like catching big smallies in the winter here in TN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12