Tatula 7'6" Heavy Question

Talking the old black/gold rod. How is the 7'6" Heavy as a frog rod compared with the 7'4" Heavy? The 7'4" Heavy was my favorite frog rod but I broke it this year after they had been closed out everywhere and haven't been able to find one. There was a deal on eBay on the 7'6" rod that I just couldn't pass up. As I am in central MN and we are iced up now. Won't get a chance to use it until next spring. Any input on this rod would be appreciated.

2. Member
    It works for sure, but the 7'6" is quite a bit heavier. That 7'4" rod is my favorite in the entire lineup.
    2006 Skeeter ZX225

3. Member
    I have both rods and the 7'6 is definitely stiffer it will definitely work but I personally think it's to stiff.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

Well, they shipped me two Abu Vengence's by mistake. It's was an eBay outfit that sells everything, not just fishing equipment. Wasn't happy about that screw-up until today when some 7'4" Tatula's became available today on eBay. I bought 3 of them. Will be mailing the Vengeance's back today for a full refund. So it worked out for me in the end.

5. Member
    That 7'4" Tatula is the most versatile rod in the lineup.
    2006 Skeeter ZX225

6. Member
    The 7'6" Heavy is alot heavier than the 7'4" frog rod. The frog rod likes been said is the best of the lineup. The heavy seems alot heavier physical weight wise also
    '06 Gambler 2100
    '06 Mercury Racing 250XS

Yeah, the 7'4" rod is amazing. I had so many chances over the years to pick up more of them, but I always got outbid because I'm such a cheapskate. I didn't realize they were discontinuing that rod style until it was too late and then my one rod got broken through carelessness. I've got one of the XT model, but I don't care for the reel seat.

I just can't win. Turns out the 7'4"'s that I just bought was an inventory error, no rods. Dang it!