Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    300 on a little boat is insane. Back in the early 90’s, when I started playing with bass boats, they didn’t have hyd. steering so it was actually work to drive one 70 to 80+ mph. Depending on the boat size, weight and characteristics that threshold of control can be closer to 100 today. My last 07 201 was a dream to drive in the upper 70’s but my 96 18’ BC Eyra was loose at 66. Cant imagine 300 on a 19’ X19 but seen a fella on yutube pulling high 80’s in one and he was working the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Finlander View Post
    seen a fella on yutube pulling high 80’s in one and he was working the wheel.
    Nahhhh, it wasn't as bad as you think.
    Xpress X19/200SHO

So you're the guy, that boat of yours really scoots. I've driven 21footers to those speeds but I remember how quick and nimble my 18'er was. Like driving a CJ5 on the highway vs anything with more OAL wheelbase. Very subtle wheel movements do a lot.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bob View Post
    Nahhhh, it wasn't as bad as you think.
    You made it look easy. Lots of seat time helps. At least it did while I was learning to drive my Allisons and Bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    You made it look easy. Lots of seat time helps. At least it did while I was learning to drive my Allisons and Bullets.
    You are correct, nothing will beat seat time learning to drive a padded hull. Similar to you, I ran a Bullet and a Stroker. These aluminum boats are definitely a little more "picky" when it comes to set up for sure.
    Xpress X19/200SHO

6. Member
    The fastest run i ever had in my 2013 x-19 with the old 2001 200efi was 73gps. It was a cold day on the Mississippi but my partner noticed it first because I was driving, he nudged me to look. That was with the 10in Atlas and a 25pitch. Seems to me mine is fiesty in the mid 55-60 range then settles back out faster than 60.
    My new 2013 175 Proxs is running 60-65 with the 23 tro4 as well.
    2013 Xpress X19

7. Member
    im running a power tech tro-4 on my x19. I like it.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDRINE View Post
    im running a power tech tro-4 on my x19. I like it.
    What kind of speed are you getting and what is your PTP? I think you are running a 150hp motor right?
    X19 Pro Dual Console, Yamaha 150LB 4Stroke, 10" Z-Lock manual jack plate, 23" Yamaha M-23 prop, all 2017 model
    Humminbird Helix 7 Mega, Helix 10 Mega, Lowrance Elite 7-ti, Minn-Kota 80lbs thrust I-pilot with foot pedal

9. Member
    Finally put the tro 4 22 pitch on. Only ran it in hot weather and maxed out at 58@ 5800. Raising motor any more and chine walk gets rough. I’m thinking in cooler weather it will hit 60 @ 6000. Not as fast as fxp 23 but handling-is right on. Setting up this prop takes time and 1/4” up or down can make a difference. I think I’m where I want to be and will sell the fxp
    2019 x19 175 SHO 12” Bobs jack plate

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessxpress View Post
    Finally put the tro 4 22 pitch on. Only ran it in hot weather and maxed out at 58@ 5800. Raising motor any more and chine walk gets rough. I’m thinking in cooler weather it will hit 60 @ 6000. Not as fast as fxp 23 but handling-is right on. Setting up this prop takes time and 1/4” up or down can make a difference. I think I’m where I want to be and will sell the fxp
    Let me share some stats that might help you and others get more comfortable with the top end performance of this boat/motor combo... which I mean this with hopes to help others be content and not to take anything away from the fun of tinkering with your boat.

I kept playing around with mine, I had a tro 4 22, then a tro 4 23.... they both ran within 1-2mph of each other. Sent the 22 back and kept the 23.

I was always perplexed by the performance sheet out there on this boat with this motor on the yamaha site... which had the best "speed" with two people at 6000 rpm and 64mph I had seen posted anywhere, including all the forums here. So I found a 23p Sho prop just like in the performance sheet and tried to copy every spec there setup wise. Basically, I bit the bullet once and for all and tried and get that result!

I did an exact copy of the performance sheet that's out there for a 175 with the x19, same motor, same jackplate, same hole position, same prop... same everything even PTP. based on the sheet, they have what calculates out to a 2.25 PTP. I can tell you this, the most you can do PTP is 2.75 based on their hole setting and maxing out the jackplate. So I maxed it out there and took it for a spin... boat actually performed better than expected, but didn't have much gain from 5800 rpm to 6000rpm... at 6000 the boat actually slowed down a bit and was shooting a roaster tail/sucking air. Good water pressure though, just had to trim too high to hit that rpm etc. I'd hit the 61 mark at around 5850 rpm... that's as fast as I could get it to go and it was just me in the boat, tackle, and 30 gallons of fuel. I thought... no way am I getting 64 at 6000 rpm adding a partner in the boat too. So I'm going to call BS on the fact sheet, I don't believe you.

So I lowered it a bit, I've got the motor jacked up almost all the way on the 10" jackplate now but not maxed (its about 3" ptp)... I can push the 5800 rpm mark in this crazy hot water now and get about 60-62 depending on conditions and load without any chine walk. I'm think when the water cools in the fall I might see 1 mph more... But here is the real kicker I've noticed with my partner in the boat and 20 gallons of gas, the top performance goes back to like 56-57mph (and he is a small guy and so am I). Maybe I'll get a little better in cooler water, but not sure.

Final conclusion
    Yes... the Tro4 22/23p is way better than the stock PT prop that comes on the boat, much better!
    No... the performance sheet with two people getting a consistant 63-64 with the 23p Sho (unless they had the prop worked) can't be true. I did notice my speeds at 5500 were almost exact so I wonder if they just "calculated out" what they thought the speed at 6000 rpm would be.
    Yes... you can try the FXP, Trophy, Fury, Yamaha pro, Yamaha pro... tweak your setup all day long until you end up with a sweet spot, but I'm am convinced that sweet spot is going to always land you in that 60-62 range based on reading everything most everyone has posted. If you want to do more than that and have a good handling boat, buy a 200hp!

Finally 60mph vs. 64mph ain't that much of a difference, I'm just going fishing :)

11. Member
    I was able to hit 63 at 6100 rpm with the fxp and a passenger in cold weather however the engine needed to be trimmed almost all the way down in the turns. Lowering the jack plate helped but my speed dropped to 58 and still didn’t lift the boat as good as the 4 blade. Like you said plenty fast enough to go fishing!
    2019 x19 175 SHO 12” Bobs jack plate

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123