Going to test a 26P Trophy Plus on my 200 EFI

20' Ranger with a 200 EFI ... going to give it a test run to see if we can keep the rpm in range and pick up a little speed. Right now, the turns are not pushing the speedo beyond 55mph ..... I'm just guessing here and wish I lived closer to a body of water that would make this easier.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

Probably Wont pull a 26, rpm will be way to low
    Is this a 3.0 or a 2.5? Gear ratio? What model of ranger?
    What are you running now and what are all the conditions and baseline numbers
    See the announcement's and frequently asked question at the top of the forums
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    Run a 25" tempest or a 25" trophy on it if it's a 2.5 or a 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    Run a 25" tempest or a 25" trophy on it if it's a 2.5 or a 3.0.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    Probably Wont pull a 26, rpm will be way to low
    Is this a 3.0 or a 2.5? Gear ratio? What model of ranger?
    What are you running now and what are all the conditions and baseline numbers
    See the announcement's and frequently asked question at the top of the forums
    Its an R93 and a 2.5 and Leon, before the rebuild what was normal for this rig would be pushing 5,500 and running at 63MPH... with a 24 trophy plus. Now, trying to figure out this new powerhead's output .. but I'm no technician and know just enough to be dangerous.

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

Asuming a 1.87 gear case, lower elevations and average load I think your 24 trophy should be fairly close, a perfect setup an good conditions I would expect about 56 to 5800 rpm and about 62-65 mph. A 26 prop will make it dog out of the hole will not get the rpm you need
    Might want to include the serial number for the Merc techs to pin it down better
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Quote Originally Posted by hooksetter5 View Post
    Its an R93 and a 2.5 and Leon, before the rebuild what was normal for this rig would be pushing 5,500 and running at 63MPH... with a 24 trophy plus. Now, trying to figure out this new powerhead's output .. but I'm no technician and know just enough to be dangerous.
    What prop are you running now at 55 mph? Is it the same 24p Trophy?

How many RPMs is this prop turning now at 55 mph?

Do you have a jack plate? If so, how much setback?

What is your prop to pad set at?

Anything else changed in the set up other than the rebuild?

How many hours on the new rebuild? Is it broken in?

I dont think you have a prop issue... The motor is not making the HP you had. Could just be the throttle linkage not pulling all the way. Bad coil/plug etc.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I dont think you have a prop issue... The motor is not making the HP you had. Could just be the throttle linkage not pulling all the way. Bad coil/plug etc.
    New coils and new plugs... it's been on a break-in regime and is close to the 10 hour wall. I like the 24 because it's pops up on plane in 2' of Mississippi River back water depth.
    The set-up has not changed … there is no jack plate … and I'm not a speeder. Just would like it to run at an optimum situation where one factor is working with other factors.
    I can sell the 26 because I was able to buy it at minimum bid. The 25 has been a back-up prop. On every day on the water, I'll push it up in friendly conditions just to feel it run free for a minute or two. Otherwise, we run around 4,000 and that's a comfortable speed. Thanks for your help and comments - hope your Thanksgiving weekend is super.

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

Make sure you are getting wide open throttle and let the motor get broken in. It should loosen up some and make a lil' more power when it does.