Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar

Good advice on fishing the double jig rig from Pro Kevin Rogers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKUhGzm2rqQ&t=306s

I don't normally fish braid but have often thought about switching to it. I like the appeal of his top jig moving for sure. Thoughts?

I don't like that jig sliding up and down that line. That has to be abrasive, either to the hook, or the line. That, and if you're in a position where you need a short hookset, you just missed that fish.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    I don't like that jig sliding up and down that line. That has to be abrasive, either to the hook, or the line. That, and if you're in a position where you need a short hookset, you just missed that fish.
    Agree with above
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

4. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    I can see that as well. Im not real experienced with braided line.

5. Member
    edit
    Last edited by SPOONMINNOW; 09-13-2020 at 07:49 AM.

6. Member
    It's not that difficult to tie the top jig on and leave a long tag end to tie the bottom jig onto and get it reasonably close to whatever distance you want in between them. I don't understand why he said he just couldn't ever get it right His way just seems like it's got more cons than pros.