21XD Info for used purchase

I’m in the market for a 21XD. Any particular year(s) to stay away from? Besides the typical items to look at anything particular to look at on a Bullet? I’ve been looking at 2004-2008 range or newer. Not sure what year they stopped making them

2. Member
    They still make them, I ordered a 2016 RDC, any year is good, I had a 2004 21 XDC, loved it

3. Member
    A friend of mine has an 95 it still looks great with no structural issues at all.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

4. Member
    Thought they still made them, I have an 07 and it still looks like new. Nothing that I know of in particular to look for, if you find one that has been taken care of then go for it. What boat are you coming out of?
    Bullet 21XD, 250 PRO XS

5. Member
    Currently do not have one but came out of a 22’ triton bay boat and before that a skeeter bass boat. I’ve had the opportunity to fish out of a 21XRS but those are out of my budget

6. Member
    No worries, Bullets quality is second to none!!, just normal stuff to check when buying any used boat, and take a test drive to make sure everything works properly, good luck!

If possible check hull where bunks are for blistering your year pick is in the bad years of the bad gel coat
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

8. Member
    My 2004 never blistered

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    My 2004 never blistered
    Mine ethier

I unfortunately do it sucks to have such a nice boat and have them I wish I would have never checked. This is a result of government getting their nose into something they shouldn’t. But in fairness it’s just not Bullet with the problem. If I was the original owner I believe bullet would have made this right. Guess it sucks to be me.
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

11. Member
    Open the cooler and inspect for cracks around the drip channel, check the transom splashwell corners for cracks , If there hold your finger over them and have someone bounce the motor to see if the crack moves if not no biggie , look for cracks at the corners of the rod lockers. Not sure any years are worse that others, if it has a Custom line trailer go over that REAL well for rust . cycle the livewell valve and pumps .
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

12. Member
    Check the back compartments flooring just get in there where the batteries are and check press the btm with fingers hand for soft spots and where the transom ties into the btm. Reason is people screw down boxes and oil tanks etc. don’t seal holes water gets in there and rots between the glass had one I purchased didn’t find it till I got home and I was stuck with both back compartments flooring to replace also go into the stringer of one side had it all fixed looked like it never happened. But that’s where an issue with the older ones will be. Also check the holes where the jack plate goes they could be a spot that if not sealed good will go bad. Other than that they really are solid I had some 20 year boats little tlc they look great.