Thread: Alumacraft 2072

Alumacraft 2072

Just being curious if anyone out there has a boat like mine, just to compare notes?
    I have the 2072 Alumacraft modified v model. It is one of the most stable boats I have ever been in and has many features that make it a super all around fishing/utility boat. I have crafted my boat to fit my fishing needs only not for hunting. It is equipped with the Mercury 115 4 stroke command thrust, Min Kota Fortrex 80lb and two Humminbird Helix units.
    Thank you for reading and please have a nice Thanksgiving
    Steve0

Sound like it’s a good setup. Any pics?

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

3. Member
    Most 2072 boats are all really similar. I sometimes think I should have considered one when I was in the market. The large beam carried forward means the things should be the most stable platform seen on the water and are an excellent multispecies setup as well. Alumnacraft has a fine reputation and I am sure that most everything they make is a good rig. The XB200 off of their website looks amazing. Big with a nice layout. I would be a little hesitant about .100 hull with a 200 though.

4. Member
    I own a 2011 Alumacraft 2072. Like you said, it is the most stable platforms. I have modified mine a lot to fit my needs also. Mine was a base model that now has a larger front deck (9 ft), 30 gallon live well,a lot of storage space and carpeted. I run 2 1199 birds on mine and I have a 115 opti and a 101 fortrex.

5. Member
    Well Im glad some others have the same/similar boats. I have equipped mine with two Humminbird Helix Mega units, 12" an 10"SI . I also went ahead and put a side Imaging transducer on the trolling motor as well as the transom. It has a 38 gal live well and spray in liner.
    I would post a picture but to be honest I dont know how as of yet?
    Do any of you have pictures of your boats?
    Gatorglenn has a very nice rig looking at the picture.
    Nice to talk with you guys, Mobile1