Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Home Depot deal of the day today is a 1/2” Dewalt 400 lb ft with 5 ah battery and charger for only 149 with free shipping.

2. Member
    I'm with crank as I have same milwaukee tool. I had to use in on side of 95 during rush hour. I was pulling my enclosed trailer. I always carry a jack just in case. I was able change flat in 8 mins and got back on road.

3. Member
    I carry a 4 way to break the lugs loose a bit and then use a Dewalt 1/4" impact with the socket adapter and proper size socket to run them off the rest of the way. Just reverse when putting the new tire on. I always have the Dewalt in the truck anyway

Rick

4. Member
    I carry 1/2 drive with a breaker bar. Then just use my regular 18V Dewalt cordless drill, with a 1/2" impact adapter.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

Breaker bar, and a star lug wrench is all you need!!!!

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    I use this...

Milwaukee 2767-20 M18 Fuel High... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077H7JP1D?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
    I have one of those in my truck and in my rv and in my shop. The price has came down a lot on them compared to what I paid... I have never had a issue with one sitting and the battery draining so that was my only worry and reason I can think of to not just leave them in a rig.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Some of us do more work in the field than in a garage, so carrying a "tool like that" makes a lot of sense !
    Then that is not emergency usage which is what his comment was about. Having one that you use frequently for many tasks is one thing. Having it with the only intention being for when you get a flat is another. I's just carry a breaker bar in the boat with the right socket on it. I am pretty sure that when I finally needed that impact wrench the batter would be dead and I have no interested in continually changing out batteries.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Then that is not emergency usage which is what his comment was about. Having one that you use frequently for many tasks is one thing. Having it with the only intention being for when you get a flat is another. I's just carry a breaker bar in the boat with the right socket on it. I am pretty sure that when I finally needed that impact wrench the batter would be dead and I have no interested in continually changing out batteries.
    What ever it takes to get your nuts off.
    The way I read the OP flats happen frequently to him.

9. Member
    For $25 this works great. Has never let me down. https://www.harborfreight.com/12-vol...nch-92349.html

10. Member
    I have used my 1/2" Rigid battery powered impact gun many times to change a flat boat trailer tire. Best tool to have when needed and it speeds up the tire change out quite a bit and reduces the amount of labor required. Especially like an old man like me. I have had at least 9 flats in the last 4 or 5 years. It is always the rear tire (tandem) that gets the nail. Don't ask me why.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerranger View Post
    Doany of you guys carry a cordless impact wrench for lug nut removal? It seems like flats are a constant issue where I live because of a lot of construction and nails, screws etc on the roads. I’m thinking an impact wrench would be helpful, especially when I rotate my tires.

for any of you who use one, what brand and model? I’ve seen a lot of good reviews on Milwaukee but not sure whether to go 1/4”, 3/8 or 1/2 and also 12 or 18v.

Thanks
    Yes, I carry one in my truck and use it frequently around the farm. Also have used it to change several flats on the side of the interstate on my trailers. Definitely faster and gets me out of harms way quicker (nobody slows down or changes lanes to avoid you). And yes, it is especially helpful when rotating tires, my corded impact hasn’t been used in years. I have a Dewalt 20v 1/2, but if I were buying another, it would probably be a Milwaukee 18v fuel 1/2

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Dougherty View Post
    For $25 this works great. Has never let me down. https://www.harborfreight.com/12-vol...nch-92349.html
    There you go. Lose or get stolen no big deal. It works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12