Stratos coming back? Earl Bentz is...

2012 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    2012 Mercury ProXS 250 w/ Fury 3 26

2. Member
    Exciting news and will be good for people in Ashland City TN.

3. Member
    Competition is a good thing!

4. Banned
    Hopefully he makes a go of it.

Any one that's been around this industry knows Earl Bentz is the best and because of that he will come out of the gates selling boats. Earl knows how to build great boats and there is no doubt in my mind he will continue that tradition. I always figured the boat I have now will be my last, well, that may change.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

I agree if Earl has his hands on it then it will be good quality...as for saying it will be a revamped Stratos my answer is no. The picture/drawing posted in the news release looked nothing like what he has been involved with in the past as far as the rear end of the boat goes. It had large sponsons that stuck out and the first thing that came to my mind was the rear end looks like a Skeeter. Regardless of what it looks like I bet it will be a good boat because he has influenced several different brands and they were all a sucess.

Watch the video I posted in reply #75 / page 4 on the thread I am going to provide a link to. It looks nothing like a Hydra Sport, Stratos, Javelin or Trition. Some of the boats I list he was heavily involved with and some he actually was behind the design. It looks more like a Skeeter sponson on the back. I am not implying that is good or bad, just simply saying it looks nothing like what he has been involved with in the past...

Look at reply #75 on page 4

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=943436&page=4
    Last edited by JR19; 11-21-2018 at 05:45 PM.

7. Member
    The drawing in the video looks like a cross of a Stratos and a Skeeter!!!!

8. Member
    I am glad to see another veteran boat builder enter the market. Did not like seeing the stratos or legend cease being produced. i'll keep up on progress as they start February.

I hope he builds another great hull!
    I would like larger sponsons on my 201. That would lift the back more and let me fish shallower!
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

10. Member
    That would help with backwash over the transom also!

11. Member
    I'm only about 10 miles from the location the boats will be build. Its exciting to see the old triton factory up and running again. I'm sure earl will build another fine hull. I love my 389 javelin he built

12. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Seyler View Post
    I'm only about 10 miles from the location the boats will be build. Its exciting to see the old triton factory up and running again. I'm sure earl will build another fine hull. I love my 389 javelin he built
    Yes and I'm sick of selling my 389. I can't wait to see his finished product.

13. Member
    This was posted elsewhere:

IMG_3294 (1).JPG

Anymore top secrete spy pics?
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

15. Member
    No - there's a thread in the lounge where that pic came from. Someone else says they've seen that boat recently in the factory and it's more rigged out. Sponsons are big and kind of reverse of a skeeter, and the bottom/pad area is so far up underneath that a remote drain plug may be a possibility.

To my eye, looks like that might be a fuel filler mid-ship. Rear deck looks pretty compact.