Ford F-150 getting a trailer towing warning on dash

I have a 2015 F-150 2.7 ecoboost with trailer towing package. I have recently been getting a warning saying that the trailer battery is not charging, check owners manual. I only get this warning after unhooking the trailer and when I apply the brakes on the truck,when I release the brakes the warning goes off. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? My boat and trailer are only 1 1/2 years old and this warning has only started this year.

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Do you have a scanner? Do you know what the code it’s throwing is (like P1013)? If not run into an Advance Auto Parts or Autozone and have them hook up the scanner. Write down the number and post it. I use F150online.com amd F150forum.com and they know everything about an F150, it’s broken down by model year. But, I’d need the code # to try to help.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

3. Member
    I had the same thing happening with my 2015 Eco. I called my dealer and they knew of a TSB or something to reflash the computer which took care of the issue. Call your service department and tell them what's happening and I'm sure they can look up the TSB and fix it for you.

Any corrosion inside either connector?
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Do you have a scanner? Do you know what the code it’s throwing is (like P1013)? If not run into an Advance Auto Parts or Autozone and have them hook up the scanner. Write down the number and post it. I use F150online.com amd F150forum.com and they know everything about an F150, it’s broken down by model year. But, I’d need the code # to try to help.
    P codes are for powertrain. If his issue is even throwing a code it would be a U code and the advanced auto code reader will most likely not even see it if there was a U code there. Take it to the dealer, but first check the plug coming off the frame harness going to the back of your connector. They are known to get water in them and there is a TSB for a reprogramming of the TBC module. Just cannot remember if it was for your issue
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

6. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    My little Hypertech Programmer reads all current and past codes. I went to Autozone ans they had a really nice unit but they had zero idea how to use it.

I took it from him and simply plugged it into my OBDII port. It asks you everything and all you do is touch yes or no.

Its a large orange code reader and they had multiple ones, it should be able to read current and stored codes if they know how to use it.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV