Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well......who has made it out and how have you done?

Saw a couple four wheelers on a 2,000 acre lake in Northern WI last saturday. Will be heading out in SE Wisconsin this afternoon to chase some marble eyes with the jigging rod
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

2. Member
    Got out last 2 days on Mississippi backwaters, ice was not good. Did manage to get about 15 gills and perch Monday and about half that on Tuesday. Very limited where you could fish when you got on the ice. Any place there was even a small amount of snow spud would go through with one chop. I would advise you to not go around here,Pool 8.

Was catching gills on ice last weekend in SE Wisconsin but it was fishable ice not safe ice.

4. Member
    Had high Hope's this am to be able to get out. Started checking and had 4" moved a little further out and had 3.5" took about six more steps and put the chisel right through with 1 pop. Not taking any chances this early. Guess I will chase bucks this afternoon..

I got out on 11/21/2018 and 3" of solid ice...once out on lake but shoreline was water and difficult...as Fish Boy mentioned I also had fishable ice but not safe ice...warm temps here mean I won't be back to try it again for awhile

Left work at 7am today expecting to play on the ice and my ice is not fishable anymore. Gonna wait till the weekend now.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Boy View Post
    Was catching gills on ice last weekend in SE Wisconsin but it was fishable ice not safe ice.
    Really I'm in se Wisconsin and was open water fishing Sunday on a small lake. If you're on the ice anywhere around Milwaukee county and surrounding counties I just can't imagine how your even walking on it..
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

Quote Originally Posted by born 2 fish View Post
    Really I'm in se Wisconsin and was open water fishing Sunday on a small lake. If you're on the ice anywhere around Milwaukee county and surrounding counties I just can't imagine how your even walking on it..
    Yes I was on ice 2 Sundays ago about 45 miles from my home in Okauchee. But that ice has broken up and moved down the river as of Monday. But on the bright side it's all locked up again and should be fishable again by the weekend. With that being said I was out playing with eyes off shore last night around my home and seen about 200 4 to 8 inch eyes but no good ones. I'll be back on the hard stuff Saturday and Sunday within 60 miles of Okauchee.

Went for 2 hours after thanksgiving lunch, 4 of us got 10 walleyes and 15 crappie
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

10. Member
    Went out for the first time, just before weather turned bad end of Oct located a spot just stacked with smallies. Setup in the area found a couple of largemouth, lost a BIG largie. Didnt find any smallies. Also got a big gill and some smaller ones. Need to do some more searchin, wasnt in the mood to drill and relocate a billion times

Sittin on 6” of ice.

Ag
    I am the real Scubby McScruberson!

I was out late afternoon today and got 20 nice crappie's in about a hour.

I suck at finding crappies under the ice. Well, finding good ones anyhow. I'm sure a big part of that is fishing near the Twin Cities metro and reserving my out-of-town trips for walters. I also probably need to exert some effort into figuring out the Mississippi backwaters, but that stuff scares me.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

13. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by born 2 fish View Post
    I'm with ya Jason, maybe the UP here has a bit of ice, but I was trolling 37 degree water Friday night & put the smack down on my 5 (limit in most of MI) nice eater sized walleye.....
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    I'm with ya Jason, maybe the UP here has a bit of ice, but I was trolling 37 degree water Friday night & put the smack down on my 5 (limit in most of MI) nice eater sized walleye.....
    I went walleye fishing one night last week in a boat (20 minutes one way from my house) and ice fishing the next night on my local (7,000) acre lake...

Crushed them on Upper Red this past weekend. So did everyone else, of course.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    Same place has 5" now lol

SW corner of Poygan they are driving quads as of yesterday. Most of Poygan has 1 to 4 inches with a few large open spots. Still a lot of local metro lakes wide open with the exception of a few. You guys have to understand that there are protected back waters that freeze way before any lake and are walkable before you may believe. Whether its the back waters of the Rock, Fox, Wolf, Embarrass, Yahara or channels off of main lakes they typically freeze fast. I mean I could've went to big green 3 weeks ago went fishing in the boat and have 40 degree water and then went ice fishing on Beyer's cove the same day which is part of big green.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    I suck at finding crappies under the ice. Well, finding good ones anyhow. I'm sure a big part of that is fishing near the Twin Cities metro and reserving my out-of-town trips for walters. I also probably need to exert some effort into figuring out the Mississippi backwaters, but that stuff scares me.
    I know some of the upper pools pretty well from wabasha to stoddart and can help you if need it. Feel free to shoot me a message.

18. Member
    Fished for 45 minutes today. Managed 1 perch and 8 bluegill. Spent most of the time dial in the new helix 7 ice. Tmrw will be a new day. Just nice to be on the ice.....

19. Member
    Got on the ice today. Earliest ever. Small pond with brookies and browns that allows live bait in December. Solid 5" of ice. Had a good day with 6 small brookies and buddy had 2. All released. Hoping to get back there in the next couple of weekends to try for some big browns.

Did anyone see the Facebook video posted out of ottertail lake !? Wow. I wish I could share the link but don't know how
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast