Epoxied Transducer Location

I’m getting ready to add some new electronics and need to epoxy a puck style transducer. Where are y’all doing this? My initial thought is somewhere other than under gas tank. I’m not pulling the tank just to mount it. Seems there might other spots even if it’s not in very back of boat. Just looking for some options.

2. Banned
    You're gonna have to pull the gas tank... No other place to mount it... Dan

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    You're gonna have to pull the gas tank... No other place to mount it... Dan
    Alright negative nancy.

Just kidding.

Doesn't the storage under the middle seat/ice chest compartment open all the way to the hull?

4. Member
    There’s a little square area under the gas tank put there just for transducers. You have to pull the tank.

5. Member
    The square area Matt is refering to is recessed so the pad is thinner in that spot so the transducer shoots thru better. Also, if you move the transducer further forward there may not be hull contact with the water when running and therefore will not read depth correctly.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    Alright negative nancy.

Just kidding.

Doesn't the storage under the middle seat/ice chest compartment open all the way to the hull?
    ... Not that I'm aware of... Dan

7. Member
    Yes under tank is only place mine wont read depth above around 55mph 60 on a lucky day but she dont like going slow or maybe that's me lol

8. Member
    The tank is easy to take out if your young and have help, I've taken mine out by myself, first thing you need to do is run as much of the gas out as you can, then tie some straps or rope and take it out, the square low spot in the bottom of the hull is designed for shoot through the hull transducers

9. Member
    I’m old and solo. Debating on how much I really need depth while running at speed. Plus I typically run where depth reading ability is lost anyway. Ordered a new AI transducer today so might just go that route.

10. Member
    It's not that hard to do, make sure you take the lid piston loose so you get it out of the way, someone had a video on how to take the tank out

Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    I’m old and solo. Debating on how much I really need depth while running at speed. Plus I typically run where depth reading ability is lost anyway. Ordered a new AI transducer today so might just go that route.
    Ahh, you’re only 3 days older than me I’ve pulled my out by myself a few times. The 21’s are easier to pull the tank than the 20’s. Like Todd said, empty that tank down! They come out good. That’ll give ya a chance to check everything else out too!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

12. Member
    Exactly!!

Use this on the gas....fast, safe and easy for older folks to use ....

GasTapper 12V Gasoline Transfer Pump/Siphon UTV's, Boats, Equipment, Vehicles, Gas, Diesel - Click at top of this page for full store https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QSPU0NS..._x5.9Bb28W1ZXQ
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

14. Im wishin I was fishin
    When I put a new line and bulb on mine I saved to old one empties the last of the gas pretty quick I leave a rope around my tank I can have it out pretty easy by my self. mine is a 20 21s are supposed to be easier.