Dual electronics console mount

Hey guys. I have an older ranger - 1997-98 518svs . Looking to install 2 HDS 9 gen 3 at the helm. Having trouble finding a mount for this year boat. Also , will i have an issie with steerong clearance ?

Thanks for your help !!! Happy Thanksgiving.

2. Member
    Are you a diy person?

3. Member
    Call Van at Bass Boat Tech or Randy Kuhns at Precision Sonar. Both have steering wheel spacers. You can't go wrong with either one. RMP is a great source for Lowrance, and should have good deals on Gen 3 equipment you mentioned installing.

4. Member
    I have the same setup on my Skeeter and though I bought the steering wheel spacer I didn't use it. I have a Precision Sonar dual bracket. I didn't want the hassle of of going DIY trying to find the right materials and have it look good. Each person is different. I can post pictures but their web site has several for most models.

5. Member
    Ive looked on both sites and do not see an install kit specofically for my year boat. Im seeing mounts for 2003 and newer VX models ........... id consider doing it myself. Im interested in seeing pictures of what people have done .

6. Member

I made this one. Aluminum, bent it with 2x4's screwed together, field engineered metal brake! Painted it with spray paint, "hammered finish". Ran a brace to the console, in the middle. Nut and bolt through the fiberglass.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    The bottom pic is without the middle brace.

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Looks good! Is that paint the kind you dry with a heat gun/hairdryer to bring out the textured finish?
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

9. Member
    Thank You.
    No, on the can it says "hammered finish". If I can find the can, I'll get a picture of it.

10. Member

If you haven't already, as mentioned before, contact Precision or BBT and talk to them about your specific needs. They may have a solution already (just not shown on their websites) - and if they don't, can probably custom fab whatever you need.

I'd envision a new aluminum or starboard material dash plate, potentially relocating any critical gauges to be kept, and adjustable gimbal brackets (ala Precision) - or an angle aluminum mounting bracket to install your unit's gimbal brackets (ala BBT).

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunked again View Post
    Thanks. I’ve seen it used on automotive tv shows but they always use a heat gun to bring out the hammered finish. Maybe it’s just to speed up the process for tv.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV