Hosko Open Results

We had perfect weather conditions for fishing, but not so much for catching. Higher than normal water levels kept most of the fish off of the banks and deeper than most people like to fish this time of year, but the guys that had the patience to fish the clear, deeper water brought home the coveted Hosko Open Champion Trophies. Congratulations to Tim Serota and Chuck Bohannon for bringing to the scales a 5 fish limit of 14lb 2oz with a 5lb kicker. They also took home 875 for the win and 250 for the big fish plus the Charlie Waugh pinned "Good'rn trophy. Tony Aebersold and Mike Larimore had 13lb 1.5 oz for second place for the bittersweet "First Loser" trophies and 525 to spend on new tackle. Doug Aebersold and Brian Lee managed 12lb for 3rd and 350 to pay for all the gas that Doug burned up during the day trying to cool off! Two very nice Ducket rods and a 1000yd spool of Seagar Florocarbon were door prizes donated by Rick at the tacklecloset.com and were awarded to fourth, fifth and sixth place. Not a bad payout for a 25 boat tournament thanks to the 100% Payback! This tournament is not about making money, it is about the guys that love catching big fish more than hunting and more than staying home by the fire. We started this tournament in 2003 with 8 guys and 4 boats on a snow filled day and they chewed the hooks off! We knew back then that we had to do this again and again and again. Thanks to everyone that came out to support the Grand Finally of a long weekend that several of my good buddies and myself look forward too every year despite rain, shine, sleet or snow. It doesn't matter what Mother Nature throws at us, we will be at the ramp before daylight on every Saturday BEFORE Thanksgiving. And by the way, the only thing better than the fishing is the crab, shrimp and crawfish boil on Saturday night back at Pete's Place followed by the all night card games!

2. Member
    It's a great tournament

Was way to pretty of a day. Sure did enjoy it. Caught lots of fish just not the right size. Was good to talk to your fishing partner. I was putting money on y’all to win it. Hopefully I will make it back next year.

How the heck do I get invited to this seafood boil and card game !!! Great tournament, I've fished it for last 10 years. It always marked on my calendar!! Thanks for putting it on