Thread: Lake murry

Lake murry

Whats a good go to pattern in feb

2. Member
    Depending on the weather; Jerkbait, jig, crankbait, shakey head, wacky senko rig and T-rigs. They work for me.

My God, Lake Murray has been a bitch lately!!! I went yesterday and never had a bite. Fished it 4 times in the last 5 weeks. Been very tough for me on bass. Has anyone been fishing lately? I have fished Bear Creek, crystal lake, and yesterday i fished Buffalo Creek. Plenty of birds and bait, but bass seem non-existent in the 5-15' depth range. Are the deep now? I am just clueless on murray right now. Feels like i am just learning again. lol
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

4. Member
    Some guys are fishing deep and some are shallow from what I have heard at the store I work at. Throwing spinnerbait or jigs.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc03 View Post
    Some guys are fishing deep and some are shallow from what I have heard at the store I work at. Throwing spinnerbait or jigs.
    I appreciate the reply, however, this really doesnt explain much. I have done plenty of fishing at murray over the last few months. Does not seem to be very many quality fish shallow, under 10 ft depths. Especially on a spinnerbait bite. Word i have gotten from most everyone is that Murray is extremely tough right now, with few quality bass being caught. One friend went yesterday, actually saw a school of 3-4lb LM busting shad on the surface. He caught one quickly and then had several bass boats move in on top of him. Surprising for a thursday to me to be that busy on a Thursday.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

6. Member
    November is typically incredibly tough on Murray. Wood is typically the key in November. They should be starting to get on floating docks. Mid lake is always the best section of the lake. Shad raps and Arigs around the floating docks. Also a fun bite is jigging spoon in the middle of the creek channels for white bass. Dont knock it till you try it. Keep idling till you find them, normally around 50 ft on the bottom. The loons are better then the gulls. Ive never caught fish on Murray around diving gulls. Loons are a different story especially when they are shallow.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    Never stop believing and never stop chasing your dreams.
    Galatians 6:9

www.kgfishing.com

USCG Licensed and Insured Fishing Guide - Lake Murray and Clarks Hill

Thanks for the info! yes, i have a buddy that has been wearing out the perch and white bass on spoons. he loves it!
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752