Bonafide Kayak Setup

In this video James talks about how his bonafide SS127 was setup for 2018 season.

2. Member
    I have to say my Bonifide has just about replaced my bass boat. I used my bass boat more for crusing around this year then fishing. I cant wait till spring to get back on my waters.
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator
    2000 Johnson 150hp
    Humminbird Helix 7 Si
    Humminbird Helix 5 sonar
    Bonifide SS127

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by verno769 View Post
    I have to say my Bonifide has just about replaced my bass boat. I used my bass boat more for crusing around this year then fishing. I cant wait till spring to get back on my waters.
    Same here. I catch bigger fish and get away from the crowds with the kayak on small ponds. Love it.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

I love the Bonafide (I own an Ascend)...but I'm ready to go to a pedal drive.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

5. Member

I'm looking to buy a lightly used or new Bonafide SS127 as soon as I sell or trade off my rifles and crossbow as I no longer deer hunt. Looking forward to getting a good stable kayak for this old dude.
    Last edited by RngrBill; 11-25-2018 at 07:44 PM. Reason: for this old dude

2015 Ranger Z119c / 2015 Merc 225 Pro X​S

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    I love the Bonafide (I own an Ascend)...but I'm ready to go to a pedal drive.
    Rumor mill is saying Bonafide will have a pedal drive within a year. Will fit the 127 and 107.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

8. Member
    I am in the market now for a Yak...if Bonafide had a pedal drive it would be a done deal!

I was at Great Outdoor Provision Company this past weekend and the staff there was saying Bonafide was being super non-committal about it....to the point that it seemed like they were purposely avoiding the subject. I've got my eye on a Jackson FD, but am hesitating on pulling the trigger because I'm waiting to see if Bonafide will announce a pedal drive. I've seen a few youtube vids of people that have put modified pedal drives into the hole.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

10. Member
    I almsot got the 2019 Hobie Outback yesterday....but seen the bonafide there too and couldnt make my mind up

For me the Hobie breaks the price-point and just about necessitates the need for a trailer. I want to keep the option of throwing it into and dragging it out of my truck bed.
    2016 Nitro Z21

12. Member
    1st....if I go with a hobie, it will be the outback which is less than 100 lbs...I can handel that in back of my truck...lol

^^I'll have to agree with you there. The Outback is a good option. Forgot about that model.
    2016 Nitro Z21