Etec G2 300HP fault codes 114 and 115 and no beep during starting

Hello, my etec g2 300 HP (Model E30XVAGF) shut down unexpectedly going about 15 MPH. No warning lights/sounds/or faults. Fired it up again and same problem. Eventually I started to get a Code 115 PRVT Network communications on my smart gauge. I brought it to the dealer and they updated the software but couldn't replicate the Code 115 PRVT Network communications. Local dealer, Lockeman's Hardware & Boats (who are great!) told me that the software update should take care of the fault code 115 that I was getting.

Next outing, I noticed that my pre crank beep is gone before I turned the engine over. Engine still turned over but stalled out after 5 minutes of idle. Fault code that I got this time was 114 and 115 network communication. Eventually the engine started up and was able to get on plane slowly so we could fish a bit. Codes went away on the short slow ride back to the ramp.

Does anyone have any experience with the 114 and 115 fault codes? Dealer is about an hour away, so I don't feel like going to them every week in hopes that the codes pop up when they have it for testing. Also curious as to where my pre crank beep went.

Thank you!
    Last edited by DubyaDee; 11-20-2018 at 03:02 PM.

Based on the codes you are getting you have a bad connection in the backbone, most likely at the ICON gauge or the gauge is bad. I suspect that is why you are not getting the beep.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

3. Member
    I was out again yesterday and the engine had fault codes 114 and 115, then they went away. Motor ran fine for a while, even though I didn't go over 20 mph. On the run home engine wouldn't go over 12 mph and 2200 rpm. It would just shut off immediately. After it shut down I didn't get any error codes at all, it would run to 2200 rpm and shut down again, no error codes.

You have to get with your dealer technician and go for a ride together with his laptop connected. Your codes are due to intermittent open circuits somewhere in the network wiring or connections. It is possible that the rigging is too tight the way it is routed in the front of the motor and when turning, the cables and connectors are stressed.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

5. Member
    My 250 G2 had the same codes. Ended up it was bad key switch. Dealer switched it out and no issue since. There was a service bulletin iabout it too.

OP - did you get the problem resolved? What was causing it?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex