Helix 7 question?

Was considering switching to a Helix 7 SI GPS at the console and a Helix 7 DI up front. Can both systems run at the same time with no transducer interference?

I run a 12" Helix SI G2N at the console and another at the trolling motor at the same time without issue. However, I have gotten into the habit of placing the console unit into 'standby' when fishing alone just to make sure I'm getting the best possible image when on the trolling motor. Not sure it actually makes a difference most of the time. Nothing fancy with my setup.

Quote Originally Posted by cd4th View Post
    Was considering switching to a Helix 7 SI GPS at the console and a Helix 7 DI up front. Can both systems run at the same time with no transducer interference?
    Any two units broadcasting on the same frequency at the same time will cross-talk when their sonar pulses overlap. Makes no difference what unit brand or mix of brands.
    As long as the DI unit uses 455 kHz for 2D, it won't be an issue. The SI unit uses 200 kHz all the time for depth/2D.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    I've got a helix 7 si g2...I wouldn't advise it. If you need si get a 9 at least. I always push the stop sonar on the unit I'm not going to be using and no issues.