Inspiration what does it mean ?

In one of my previous threads.............................MS wrote this

Dozer concludes, "Our current bible was NOT Canonized until the 4th century and its contents were determined by NON inspired men. Those are just facts."

--and thus introduces subjectivity into the conversation. Where is the certainty of salvation (Gospel) when Scripture is subjective? Answer: out the window.

Ms, was the bible canonized before the date I stated ? or did I state facts ?

Did men (uninspired / not from God) decide which books would make canonization ? If those men in the 4th century were inspired to decide / include/ exclude other books, your know, the
    deuterocanonical/
    Apocrypha
    books along with many others...……………….the logical conclusion from your point of view is that today, there can be inspired men/women to write new books or include new books in our bible. :)

Can anyone define what INSPRIATION MEANS ?

2. Member
    More certainty of salvation from God (as proclaimed in Scripture):

Micah 7:18-19

Who is a God like you,
    who pardons sin and forgives the transgression
    of the remnant of his inheritance?
    You do not stay angry forever
    but delight to show mercy.
    19 You will again have compassion on us;
    you will tread our sins underfoot
    and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msethsmile View Post

Micah 7:18-19

Who is a God like you,
    who pardons sin and forgives the transgression
    of the remnant of his inheritance?
    You do not stay angry forever
    but delight to show mercy.
    19 You will again have compassion on us;
    you will tread our sins underfoot
    and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.

LOL, I think they see !

4. Member
    Ms, we all know , Jesus loves me this I know because the bible tells me so. I think the scriptures mentione a few other verses that you may need to familiarize yourself with.

"Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation—"

But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.

"For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food"

"About this we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing. For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food, for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child. But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil."

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

"But I, brothers, could not address you as spiritual people, but as people of the flesh, as infants in Christ.
    For everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child."

Regards

5. Member
    Yes, I do have an ulterior motive in proclaiming the Gospel: It solely builds the Church.

What is the sole chosen instrument God uses to build the Church (increase the faith)? Proclaimed in His spoken and written Word, the Gospel message. (Act 20:32,Rom 1:16, others)

God can meet us anywhere (He's God). But--he has promised to meet us in only one place and that is where we should look for Him--Scripture. (Eph 2:20)

The Gospel is so easy to understand a 4 year old can get it. Yet, brainiacs still ponder the full meaning. Only God writes like that.

Ever wonder why the Gospel message is mentioned hundreds of times in Scripture? Once would enough to make it valid. Is God absent minded or what? At least two reasons:
    1. Man is weak and needs constant reassurance.
    2. Repetition is the mother of learning

Here's the crux of the whole deal:
    Think of God's greatest miracles (other than Christ Himself). Parting of the Sea? (think bigger). Sun standing still? (think bigger). Water into wine? (think bigger). Here's a true miracle: The turning of man's heart, which is inherently evil (Gen 6:5, Rom 3:10ff, Eph 2:1). God's enemy becomes His friend. Only the Gospel can do that.

God builds the Church, increases the faith...

--the Gospel

3 At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. (Titus 3:3ff)
    Last edited by msethsmile; 11-26-2018 at 05:41 PM.