Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat29 View Post
    That is more than allot of stitches. Not good.
    His head was wrapped in a towel while the ER staff was taking their time, as usual, getting personal and insurance info, then someone unwrapped the towel. The nurse said OMG, and rushed him to a room.

close to 40 years ago a woman i know married a farmer that lived out by Norfolk Ne. She liked to hunt as much as he did, they both would trapshoot, and practice with bows. The first deer season they went out together, she in one tree stand, he in another 100 yards away. She was glassing and seen a big buck heading toward his stand. She watched him to see if he was going to take it, he took a shot and it hit it's mark. deer ran, went partially down and looked like it was resting. This mad man runs after the buck, the buck gets on it's feet and trys to run, but it is too weak/hurt. This fool jumps on it,takes his big azz knife and almost severed the bucks head off.

Within a month he started doing other dangerous and stupid stuff. I think they were married about 3 months before she walked out. She told me he would shoot a handgun in the house. Lot of silly deranged people out there.

3. Member
    I bet it hurts when he sneezes.
    I've got money I haven't even spent yet!
    2011 Nitro Z8--200 pro xs

4. Member
    holy crap.....

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cowtrimmer View Post
    Looks to be a pretty clean cut for hooves or horns. Ive been cut and gored and neither look like a scalpel cut.
    Dude you were lucky..

6. Banned
    That looks bad. Had a friend hunting a small pine thicket years back and heard him shoot and could tell he hit what he shot. After getting out of my stand i drove over ther and heard him hollering down in the thicket. I took off running to him with nothing but my hog leg strapped on. Got there and the buck and him had mashed about a 10 yard square flat and Toby still had him by the horns wedged between 2 pines. He screamed "shoot him!" So i pulled out the he walked over and put one in the buck and relieved him of his wrestling match. Laughed for several years over that.

7. Member
    Like the NFL it's a tie. DEER 1 HUMANS 1
    Please release me,let me go.

A mature buck up here in WI can weigh upwards of 250 lbs.....you ARE NOT wrastlin with it no matter how BA you think you are!
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    A mature buck up here in WI can weigh upwards of 250 lbs.....you ARE NOT wrastlin with it no matter how BA you think you are!
    You ain't wrestling 120 lb buck either.....

10. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    You ain't wrestling 120 lb buck either.....
    Not successfully, anyway.

I shared this a while back...

Occasional bumps & bruises from horses and cattle growing up... Most earned by my own stupidity/not paying attention.

Waterfowl banding activities have led to a few minor injuries... Goose claws are sharp and their wings are tough... and a damn coot bites hard (who knew )! Luckily, no mishaps in several bear capture/marking episodes. Lots of run-ins with yellow jackets & ground bees while bushogging.

Worst azz-whuppin' I ever toted was at the hands (hooves) of a 1.5 year old Whitetail buck in the Texas Hill Country...

As part of my graduate research, we had to capture/mark/measure/etc specific-aged bucks and we caught them using nets... nets fired from hand-held net guns, while sitting in a tree above a feeder site... for hours on end (yeah, it wasn't the most well thought out methodology ).

Long story short... I made a pretty crappy shot on one particular animal and he was only kinda half- (and that's being generous) restrained. I got down out of the tree quickly, got to where the deer was thrashing around and managed to grab hold of the net and one antler (a fork-horn) and pushed him to the ground... for a second.

That little bastage, tangled up as he was, somehow managed to get moving and proceeded to drag me through some of the area's finest vegetation, tagging me with a hoof at some point as well, before my technician, Billy, finally showed up and helped me get the buck back on the ground.

I lay there bruised & bleeding and all Billy could say (between laughs) was, "Well, at least you didn't let go."

It was a pretty good thread.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....fights+and+you
    Who controls John Gill?

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GM482V View Post
    His head was wrapped in a towel while the ER staff was taking their time, as usual, getting personal and insurance info, then someone unwrapped the towel. The nurse said OMG, and rushed him to a room.

Thanks for the story brother!

Damn it hurts me just thinking about it.

12. Member
    Just a flesh wound...

13. Member
    Damn thats gonna leave a mark ....

14. Member
    At the dealership I used to run had a doe trapped in the lot over the weekend. I had the bright idea if lassoing it. Got the rope on her and got her on he ground. Had one of my techs come help while I was going to hog tire her. She beat the crap out of me. Finally got her subdued and animal control came and removed her. I will never attempt that again!

Back in the early 30's, Dad and his fishing friend were going to fish the Alsea River in Oregon. Going down the road, they hit a deer with the Model T. They figured they needed to take it to the game warden's and turn it in. They just about had it on the fender of the T when it came to and stomped my Dad pretty good.

But not as bad as the OP's picture. That would bleed something awful, and I'd bet he was at least a quart low by the time he got treated.

Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    we have quite a few bucks that size. I posted a pic of one by my house not to long ago.

You know how much meat he could buy with that medical bill..

HAY ZEUS..MARY AND JOSEPH.....I had no idea there was that much meat on someone's dome....My skull feels like it's about 1/4" below the meat on my head..Looks like that guys head is wrapped in Top Sirloin....Looks to me like this injury will be hard to forget..wish him the best!!

19. Member
    That is gotta leave a mark man,

He got a story to tell the grandkids during thanksgivings....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234