Lund prov owners

Honest opinion of boat? How is it in the wind. Looking at a 1875 prov coming out of a 21' glass boat..
    Last edited by dartman; 11-19-2018 at 03:22 PM.
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

2. Member
    Pro V Bass or regular 1875 ProV?

3. Moderator
    Pro v bass 1875

4. Member
    The Lund deeper V takes larger waves better than a typical bass boat hull (I sold Ranger as well as Lund). The Lund Pro V design is well proven as a big water performer. I have owned numerous Pro Vs .(they have the same bottom as the Pro V bass). My Pro Vs were used on many very large reservoirs in windy country. I fished primarily for walleyes... and most presentations require excellent boat control as does bass fishing. Boat control is a Pro V strong point. The Pro V Bass sits even lower than a regular Pro V due to less free board height .
    I have driven the Pro V Bass (all models) a fair amount. They sit nice.

5. Moderator
    Thanks for the input. I am looking at one Friday. How is it to load on trailer by yourself? Climbing over the bow to get out of boat? I do a lot of elect motor only lakes.

6. Member
    I own a 2018 2075 ProVBass XS and fished it primarily on Lake St Clair. My previous boats include a 2011 Ranger Z520 Comanche and 2005 Stratos 200ProXL for reference, so this is my third 20+ footer that I've run on the big lake. Overall, I'm very pleased with the Lund as it offers perks not available in other standard bass rigs. The following outlines my opinions on the pros and cons from my year of ownership:

Pros:
    -Extremely safe boat. It has a nose up attitude and eats the big waves. I've run this boat in water that would have been absolutely miserable in the Ranger. The nose forward bow cuts the big rollers and offers a very comfortable ride in the nasty stuff. There is no slamming or pounding in this boat. I've been in conditions were we couldn't keep the 60" troller in the water as we went up and down the crests trying to fish. This boat can handle big water!

-Love the layout and open cockpit offered in the XS version.
    -Huge lockers and far more storage than a traditional bass boat of this size. Seriously, the lockers are huge!
    -Ample front and back deck fishing areas
    -XS layout is great for landing big fish as you can walk down in the open cockpit and be at water's edge without kneeling down. Good for big bass and toothy critters.
    -Easiest loading boat trailer combo I've ever owned. I've never powerloaded; simply glide on and winch into place. My wife even commented how easy it was to load this boat. I'm considering an Easy Step for the trailer to make crawling out of the bow a little easier when I'm loading by myself.
    -Smooth towing. The RAM doesn't even know it's back there.
    -Love the Verado and associated gauge set.
    -Removable console is enormous and a nice feature (must have in my opinion)
    -Guests have enjoyed the fold up rear seats and there is ample leg room
    -Very dry ride into the wind even in the nastiest of conditions (Note: I will also point this out in the con section).
    -Very fast hole shot and plenty of mid-range punch.
    -Easy access to batteries and charger in rear compartments. Also like the charger plug location.
    -Great looking rig. Just about every trip someone comes over to discuss and compliment the boat.

Cons:
    -The trailer is of good quality, but not at the level of Basscat or Rangertrail.
    -I wish they offered a c-channel trailer, as tube style is only option.
    -Top end speed with Mercury Verado 250Pro is around 62mph. It likes to cruise in the low to mid 50s.
    -It can be a very wet ride depending on conditions and wind direction. We've been very wet running with the wind and waves at our back / wind 3/4s at our back in large rollers (3+ft class NOAA, not BBC lounge measurement), seriously unpleasant and angry water. Conversely when we road back against the wind in the same weather the ride was bone dry, slow and safe, but dry. Quartering in heavy weather can also produce spray, sometimes significant. Overall to me it's a worthwhile trade off - wet/spray vs. feeling very safe and not being beat in the nasty weather on the big lake.

I hope this is helpful.
    -Chris

Edit Update: Per request, yes this boat has all the batteries and battery charger in the back compartments. I only have rods in the front rod locker.
    Last edited by Parch07; 11-26-2018 at 10:48 AM.

7. Moderator

8. Member
    Size is my only concern with the 1875... Flip seats seem good for kids and short legs, but not for adults.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Parch07 View Post
    I own a 2018 2075 ProVBass XS and fished it primarily on Lake St Clair. My previous boats include a 2011 Ranger Z520 Comanche and 2005 Stratos 200ProXL for reference, so this is my third 20+ footer that I've run on the big lake. Overall, I'm very pleased with the Lund as it offers perks not available in other standard bass rigs. The following outlines my opinions on the pros and cons from my year of ownership:

Pros:
    -Extremely safe boat. It has a nose up attitude and eats the big waves. I've run this boat in water that would have been absolutely miserable in the Ranger. The nose forward bow cuts the big rollers and offers a very comfortable ride in the nasty stuff. There is no slamming or pounding in this boat. I've been in conditions were we couldn't keep the 60" troller in the water as we went up and down the crests trying to fish. This boat can handle big water!

-Huge lockers and far more storage than a traditional bass boat of this size. Seriously, the lockers are huge!
    -XS layout is great for landing big fish as you can walk down in the open cockpit and be at water's edge without kneeling down. Good for big bass and toothy critters.
    -Easiest loading boat trailer combo I've ever owned. I've never powerloaded; simply glide on and winch into place. My wife even commented how easy it was to load this boat. I'm considering an Easy Step for the trailer to make crawling out of the bow a little easier when I'm loading by myself.
    -Very dry ride into the wind even in the nastiest of conditions (Note: I will also point this out in the con section).
    -Easy access to batteries and charger in rear compartments. Also like the charger plug location.
    -Great looking rig. Just about every trip someone comes over to discuss and compliment the boat.

Cons:
    -The trailer is of good quality, but not at the level of Basscat or Rangertrail.
    -Top end speed with Mercury Verado 250Pro is around 62mph. It likes to cruise in the low to mid 50s.
    -It can be a very wet ride depending on conditions and wind direction. We've been very wet running with the wind and waves at our back / wind 3/4s at our back in large rollers (3-5ft class NOAA, not BBC lounge measurement), seriously unpleasant and angry water. Conversely when we road back against the wind in the same weather the ride was bone dry, slow and safe, but dry. Quartering in heavy weather can also produce spray, sometimes significant. Overall to me it's a worthwhile trade off - wet/spray vs. feeling very safe and not being beat in the nasty weather on the big lake.

I hope this is helpful.
    -Chris
    This is a dead on honest review. The only con of this boat is speed and it’s a wet ride. Smoother but with more spray. It does virtually everything else better than any other 20 plus footer on the market. The 1875 I’m sure would be similar.

10. Member
    listed my 2017 lund pro v bass last night. great deal if you looking

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BBW View Post
    listed my 2017 lund pro v bass last night. great deal if you looking
    Why you selling if you don't mind me asking?

12. Member
    i am 74 and lost my fishing partner will not be using enough to keep it, gona let someone enjoy it

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Parch07 View Post

Pros:

Cons:
    -It can be a very wet ride depending on conditions and wind direction. We've been very wet running with the wind and waves at our back / wind 3/4s at our back in large rollers (3+ft class NOAA, not BBC lounge measurement), seriously unpleasant and angry water. Conversely when we road back against the wind in the same weather the ride was bone dry, slow and safe, but dry. Quartering in heavy weather can also produce spray, sometimes significant. Overall to me it's a worthwhile trade off - wet/spray vs. feeling very safe and not being beat in the nasty weather on the big lake.

I hope this is helpful.
    -Chris

Edit Update: Per request, yes this boat has all the batteries and battery charger in the back compartments. I only have rods in the front rod locker.
    As honest a review as they come. I own this same boat, and fish the same water. I have a 250 G2 and trolling batteries in the front. I have owned and rode on several different boats over the years. This the best rough water ride that you have ever been in.