Thread: Boat Carpet

Boat Carpet

Anyone know of a good carpet guy to replace carpet in the Tamp Bay area (Brandon) Tr19 Triton needs done and maybe a few blemish stress cracks gel fix.

2. Member
    Nobody? My Buddy needs this done on his boat and soon.

3. Member
    Not sure about carpet. But I would go to Millers for glass work.

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PASCOFISHBOY View Post
    Not sure about carpet. But I would go to Millers for glass work.
    Which Miller's? Ocala, or Winter Haven? I used the one in Winter Haven, and got cracks where they fixed them twice. Among other issues that in my opinion should have been taken care of there. Hear lots of good things about that place. Wasn't my experience at all. And when they carpeted mine, they had to add a strip around the edge that wasn't there before. My guess would be because the cuts around the edge ain't made nice and clean. I ain't even a carpet man, but the boats I recarpeted in my past turned out better and didn't need a strip around the edge. Maybe at some point in the future I will try and find a quality fiberglass shop and get the cracks that came back after their repairs fixed. Though it was covered through insurance from a wreck before. Such a bad experience, I don't even want to see if he even stands behind his work.

5. Member
    Well I guess Millers is out.
    Anywhere else to check.?

6. Member
    pm sent..

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post
    Which Miller's? Ocala, or Winter Haven? I used the one in Winter Haven, and got cracks where they fixed them twice. Among other issues that in my opinion should have been taken care of there. Hear lots of good things about that place. Wasn't my experience at all. And when they carpeted mine, they had to add a strip around the edge that wasn't there before. My guess would be because the cuts around the edge ain't made nice and clean. I ain't even a carpet man, but the boats I recarpeted in my past turned out better and didn't need a strip around the edge. Maybe at some point in the future I will try and find a quality fiberglass shop and get the cracks that came back after their repairs fixed. Though it was covered through insurance from a wreck before. Such a bad experience, I don't even want to see if he even stands behind his work.
    Ocala

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PASCOFISHBOY View Post
    Ocala
    I thought that, but had to ask. In the past I did hear good things about that place. But I had never even been there. Thanks for the reply.

9. Member
    steve at storm does carpet . 2399103807. leave a msg or text him

10. Member
    Thanks, I got ahold of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman271 View Post
    steve at storm does carpet . 2399103807. leave a msg or text him

11. Member
    Couple guys in okee have a boat carpet service.call garrard s tackle for the number.get paid is their name i beleive.Mike Frost.local tour n fisherman

12. Member
    Check out Tyler Smith with MTS Boat Worx in Lake Alfred. Look up his stuff on FB, excellent work. He just redid a Triton pictures were bad ass.

https://scontent.ftpa1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...c5&oe=5CA2E56D
    Current: 2014 Sportsman Masters 207/150 Yamaha
    9 previous Rangers