Thread: Buying an F150

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Scraps

Buying an F150

I've got the itch and the research is driving me crazy. An engineer so I suffer from the paralysis of analysis.

I'm getting the factory invoice pricing from NADA. When I count it up, it pretty much comes out to be equal to the cars.com pricing of MSRP less all the rebates. I think the rebates can be taken off of the factory invoice price I am coming up with??

If not, the dealer would be selling the truck well above his cost at a good profit.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

2. Member
    AARP, AAA, Costco, Sam's Club, etc. they all have auto buying.
    Use the portal of your choice. If you aren't a member, consider it.
    They really can save you time, money and effort.

Do consider certified used. Big savings and even longer warranty.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    I've got the itch and the research is driving me crazy. An engineer so I suffer from the paralysis of analysis.

I'm getting the factory invoice pricing from NADA. When I count it up, it pretty much comes out to be equal to the cars.com pricing of MSRP less all the rebates. I think the rebates can be taken off of the factory invoice price I am coming up with??

If not, the dealer would be selling the truck well above his cost at a good profit.
    I have a cure for your paralysis. ( Just buy the damm truck)

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Ford offers a lot of incentives, my brother works for them in Dearborn, Michigan. The issue is a LOT of dealers use those incentives in their “advertised” price which is NOT how it is supposed to work. Ford gets mad when they do that but unless they’re a platinum dealer they can’t really stop them. That and the fact that the F150 is such a high volume seller the dealers won’t haggle much unless you’re either really good (which I’m not...I just walk in with my A plan number) or you’re wanting a truck that’s been sitting in the lot a while and they want it gone. Same with Mustangs.

Cert. Pre-Owned is another good route like Jim said.

Im sure we have some BBC’ers that can either get what you want done or offer some better advice.

What exactly are you you wanting to get?
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

I think the emailing prospective dealers and getting a price in writing is what seems to be working for most around here. That said..I agree with "just go buy the damn truck".

6. Member
    Bought a 2015 Xlt with everything; back on 10/12/2015. Sticker was about 50.5k. I walked out the door at 39k. I'm in Maryland too. 6% sales tax. That 39k was tax,tags,(300.00 sellers fee) and title. Go to the Ford site and join there emailing list for info and etc. They will randomly send out these extra rebates for 500-1k off your final negotiated price too. FYI, also try and find out who is the largest volume dealer is in your area too. Koons autogroup is one of the largest Ford volume dealer on the east coast!

I was just looking at F150’s online, they have some locally $20,000 of MSRP, lots of them $15,000 off. I wish they’d get reasonable on the Navigator, they don’t won’t to negotiate on those at all, even the 18’s.

8. Member
    I just got a notice that Ford is offering 0 percent on alot of vehicles this weekend..Its free money..
    I cant really answer much on incentives because they change as the wind blows...
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

9. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    I just got a notice that Ford is offering 0 percent on alot of vehicles this weekend..Its free money..
    I cant really answer much on incentives because they change as the wind blows...
    Bought a 2018 a couple weeks ago (well wife did), MSRP was a little over 55k got it for 18k off with 0% for 60 months and they tossed in the spray in bedliner for free. Deals are out there for 2018, especially if you have a volume dealer in your area.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Bought a 2018 a couple weeks ago (well wife did), MSRP was a little over 55k got it for 18k off with 0% for 60 months and they tossed in the spray in bedliner for free. Deals are out there for 2018, especially if you have a volume dealer in your area.
    Nice...
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

11. Banned
    Thats a sweet deal, sounds like one of the few cases the 0% didnt cost money.

12. Scraps
    Was that the advertised deal or did you do some secret squirrel research?
    2017 Phoenix 819

13. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Was that the advertised deal or did you do some secret squirrel research?
    I had been working deals for a couple weeks, thru email and a couple visits to ford and ram dealers. One dealer really wanted to move the 2018 so the deal got done. Walked out a couple times, almost got a 2019 RAM but they didnt close the deal.
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker

14. Member
    You wont always get the best deal from the highest volume dealer. There are times they offer the worst deal.

15. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QUAKEnSHAKE View Post
    You wont always get the best deal from the highest volume dealer. There are times they offer the worst deal.
    Hit them at the right time, in this case they ordered 2019's but had to take some 2018's from Ford's warehouse lot. The dealers lot is so full you can barely get around, they wanted the 2018's gone asap.

Oh no say it ain't soooo not the Eco Boost...

17. Banned
    I’ve been looking for a few days, my dilemma is the 2.7 or 5.0.

18. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I’ve been looking for a few days, my dilemma is the 2.7 or 5.0.
    I haven't driven them yet, but me too. 5.0 is a bit more $$$ but can find them outfitted the way I want. Mileage only slightly different but if I make that case then I might as well go buy a GMC.
    2017 Phoenix 819

19. Member
    I got a "18 with a 5.0. It is fun to drive and sounds great.

20. Banned
    As someone that worked with an auto manufacturer for 24 years, I avoid the big chain dealership stores like the plague. They're what I call slam and jam operations that set lofty objectives for their dealerships and roll heads when those sales goals are not met. They chew up and spit out salesmen, especially.

My pet peeve is those $695 Documentary Fees--straight profit. I prefer to purchase from locally owned dealerships that don't charge Doc Fees.

Thankfully I still have friends in the business that let me write my own purchase order. And my old car buddies now have numerous brands. I can buy Lexus at dead cost too.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast