Banned

Helix connectors and transducer questions.

I have a Helix 7 at the drivers seat and a Helix 5 at the bow. I have the opportunity to get a friends Helix 10. Can I move the 7 to the front and just plug it in? Or do I have to transfer the power wire and transducer? Same question with the 10, can I just mount it and plug it in or does it have it's own type connectors and transducer?

What versions of each model are you asking about?

There are sonar models.
    There are DI models.
    There are SI models.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Banned
    All three are just sonar, di, and GPS.

They come with the same transom DI transducer unless the Helix 10 is the MEGA DI model.

If the bow unit does not have the power cord with the built-in choke, you may want to change that.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Wayne, can you give me some advice on a heading line problem. I have two helix units, a 10 on the bow with its own external humminbird gps antenna with sensor, seems to work fine.
    I have a 12 helix on dash with its own external gps antenna with heading sensor. The dash units green heading line does not point the way the boat is going it points to the side say at a 30 to 45 degree fome boat icon. Both of the gps antennas are the exact same models AS GPS Hs precision gps antennas with heading sensors
    thanks in advance mobile1

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile1 View Post
    Wayne, can you give me some advice on a heading line problem. I have two helix units, a 10 on the bow with its own external humminbird gps antenna with sensor, seems to work fine.
    I have a 12 helix on dash with its own external gps antenna with heading sensor. The dash units green heading line does not point the way the boat is going it points to the side say at a 30 to 45 degree fome boat icon. Both of the gps antennas are the exact same models AS GPS Hs precision gps antennas with heading sensors
    thanks in advance mobile1
    The green line is NOT heading, that is the Course Projection Line. That line is created by GPS when you are traveling more than .6 mph. You don't get that line when sitting still or less than .6 mph.

Heading is done via Compass and will only function properly when the AS GPS HS is installed correctly. The position icon (boat) is the direction the compass is indicating and you can add a Heading line by turning it on. It is not affected by speed, only the Earth's magnetic North Pole or magnetic interference. Properly installed, the boat icon and heading line will have the boat's bow direction indicated. If you choose the Chart Orientation as Head Up, the top of the Chart View will be the direction the bow is pointed.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

This screen shot shows the bow is pointed at the waypoint (Heading Line and boat icon) that I am going to, the Chart Orientation is Head Up, and there is a cross wind from the left that has the boat drifting a little to the right (Coarse Projection Line) of the bow direction.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL