Thread: Inherited IRA

Inherited IRA

Well I am now in the RMD game so I have been putting together a portfolio to generate enough income to cover the RMD which is approximately $7500.00 per year based on my age. I have added the Vanguard Dividend High Yield ETF (VYM), Vanguard Dividend Growth (VIG), International Select Dividend (IDV), Shares Dividend Growth (IGRO), Wisdom Tree International Dividend Excluding Financials (DOO), Alerian MLP (AMLP) and Ishares Preferred (PFF). My dad had a few corporate bonds which were laddered so I will let those roll off. On the ETF side I'm getting an average 3.94 percent yield on $60,000.00 invested. The rest is in cash and bonds. I'm still about $2,000.00 short after the bond and dividend income so does anyone have any other ideas for income producing ETF's? I can probably increase my VYM and PFF investment amount but was wondering about other options. I'm going to try and keep the international exposure to about 25%.

2. Member
    I have a Vanguard adviser I am paying (wife's request). They have me in Total Stock, International Stock, Total Bond, and an International Bond Funds. Before the paid adviser, I was in EFT Health Care, EFT Energy, Total Stock Mutual Fund, EFT Utilities, and Short Term Investment Grade Bond. The last twelve months prior to July 2018 I was at 7.5% interest on the amount I had invested. Waiting to see how the adviser does although I know it is a different time frame.
    dvl2700