Ranger trail thin wall lugs

I have a 2003 ranger trail trailer. Single axle with the 6 lug hubs. Its underneath a 2002 520dvx. My question is does anyone else have this similar setup and could tell me what size lugs I have? They are the 5 post wheels and have the thin wall socket type lugs. So I need to buy a socket to fit so I can get the spare to get the new tire on.

2. Member
    I’ve got a 2003 Ranger 185VS with 5 bolt rims. I believe it’s 13/16”. Personally I just carry a standard 4 sided lug wrench in my truck. Covers the truck and boat lugs and gives you good leverage even in awkward situations.

Not sure of your question.
    So I need to buy a socket to fit so I can get the spare
    If your asking about the spare and It's like mine------ I can't get to the lugs with a 4 way so I carry a 13/16 deep socket on a 1/2 brake over bar.

As stated above most all trailers are 13/16...I also carry a 13/16 for the trailer a 22mm for the truck with a 30” breaker bar.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. Member
    My Ranger Trail takes a 13/16 thin sided socket. It had to be a thin sided ome. Got a Kolbart at Lowes six sided also. Trailer is a 1996

6. Member
    As said above, get a 13/16th size socket and get one that has the hex at the back end so you can use a regular 4 way lug wrench on it.

You can also take a grinder to the 4 way if it won't fit inside the lug hole.
    I have to carry a socket and brake over because the spare is mounted in such a way you can't get a 4 way on the lugs. Which is a good thing to check before your stuck on the side of the road after dark.

8. Member
    Has anyone found a 13/16 deep thin wall impact socket that works? I’m having trouble finding one. (I do have a thin wall conventional socket but it can’t be used with an impact wrench.)

Sunex is a brand that makes thin wall impact sockets and they come with a wheel protector sleeve on them. Not sure but Home Depot May sell them now

Quote Originally Posted by rangerranger View Post
    Has anyone found a 13/16 deep thin wall impact socket that works? I’m having trouble finding one. (I do have a thin wall conventional socket but it can’t be used with an impact wrench.)
    Milwaukee sells a thin wall impact socket set. I have the set to go with my Milwaukee Mid-Torque M18 Fuel Impact Wrench. The set is missing the 13/16 socket and I bought that separately for my trailer. I keep it all in my truck.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870