Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question about IPhone/Walmart Black Friday Sale

I saw Walmart is giving away a $400 gift card with the purchase of a new IPhone (Currently own a 6). My question is, could I just buy the phone and then go to an ATT store, who is my current provider the following week and they’d activate it and swap over my contacts, pics, etc. Or if you buy it from Walmart/Target anywhere else, do they do all of that?

I know walmart will activate but I'm not sure if they will swap over your info. We are getting in on this deal to and then buying Christmas presents with the giftcard. My wife's phone died last week so luckily her friend loaned her a phone till next week.

3. Member
    I'm scared to ask what does a new phone run now days ? I'm still rolling with the 5s but its day is coming due.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    I'm scared to ask what does a new phone run now days ? I'm still rolling with the 5s but its day is coming due.
    The latest IPhone is 1000 bucks for the cheapest version...

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spoon33 View Post
    I saw Walmart is giving away a $400 gift card with the purchase of a new IPhone (Currently own a 6). My question is, could I just buy the phone and then go to an ATT store, who is my current provider the following week and they’d activate it and swap over my contacts, pics, etc. Or if you buy it from Walmart/Target anywhere else, do they do all of that?
    If att won’t do it, I’m sure you could go to Apple store and they would do it. Biggest thing is make sure the phone you buy from Walmart is unlocked to any provider or at least an att phone in your case.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    The latest IPhone is 1000 bucks for the cheapest version...
    Welp I'm gonna have to look into the not so new but newer than I have models lol I am not giving 1k for a phone.

7. Banned
    Isn’t the Walmart apple phone only available with smart talk or is it different in our region?

edit: just relooked at the add, I was looking at the other iPhones. I think I’d read that fine print at the bottom....

8. Member
    Just don't put the phone where it doesn't belong...
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

9. Banned
    I just got a smoking deal from ATT. Did the Uverse bundle with phone internet and cable. Added 1 cell phone line. Cell phone is free as long as I keep the bundle for 2 years, which I will. Internet is also free when I bundled 4 services. So I have I think 350 channels, 1 movie channel, internet, unlimited home and unlimited cell phone for under $190 a month. Previous service split between Comcast and Sprint were $300 a month, and I owned the phone. Had I not, it would have been $340

10. Member
    If you currently have an iPhone, why would you need a store (any store) to swap your info? Back it up to iCloud, when you set up your new one, restore from your backup and it'll be exactly like your old phone.

Better read the fine print. You will be paying the retail price and signing a contract with one of the listed carriers. Kind of sucks having a two year contract and paying full price for a phone.
    I have not spent $400 at Walmart in the last ten years were all combined.

P01135809

It’s $400.00 on the iPhone X which is the previous year’s model. $300.00 on the current model iPhone Xs. Sam’s Club had a similar one day sale recently which I should have pulled the trigger on. The salesman told me on Monday that lol you’re doing is scheduling an appointment to buy the phone. It could take a few days for them to call you. You then buy the phone, and then activate it at that point. He told me they provide the same services as an AT&T store, i.e., copy your data, contacts, apps, etc. Just passing on what I was told. I would think WalMart is similar.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdSVT View Post
    Just don't put the phone where it doesn't belong...
    You can sue for stupidity it seems

14. Member
    Mrdeath, or anyone could answer...Wouldn’t I still need to go to the ATT store to activate my new phone?

15. Banned
    Bought a S9 two months ago it was a little over 700. Got the lady a S9+ it's was 60 bucks more and I can't tell any performance difference the plus is a little bigger but not enough to pay more for it. She doesn't like it and wants me to trade her phones since the plus won't fit in her scrubs pocket.

16. Banned
    Mrdeath, or anyone could answer...Wouldn’t I still need to go to the ATT store to activate my new phone?
    Yes and I'm pretty sure they will charge you a activation fee since it was purchased somewhere else.

I don’t see any reason to go to an ATT store if you currently have an iPhone and use ATT. As stated, just make sure your current iPhone is backed up to save all of your contacts and data.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Yes and I'm pretty sure they will charge you a activation fee since it was purchased somewhere else.
    Why would he need to go to an ATT store? You can go home and do everything they are going to do in the store and not have to wait forever for them to do it.

19. Member
    AT&T phones will not work on Verizon's network. Nor can a Verizon phone of any kind be used on AT&Ts network. It doe's not matter if the phone is unlocked. The phones are electronically incompatible between the two networks. I just switched from AT&T to Verizon and did extensive research on the phones. An example is an iphone. Apple has a different model number for a specific carrier.
    I purchased two new iPhone XRs from Verizon yesterday. They had a buy one get one free deal on them. The offer ended last night. But, Verizon will return the offer again I am sure.

20. Member
    I paid $749.00 plus sales tax and two $30.00 activation fees for my two Iphone XRs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast