Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I’ve always had great experiences with TT, but I clean and service all my reels myself.

2. Member
    I am a bass fisherman. I have several reels and rods. Reels that have the same wear pattern, rods that get dirty in the same places. Trolling motors that look the same. I'm not going to defend myself. I'm blessed enough to put away reels and rods for special trips. I thought I was going to be in hog heaven with 'brand new' reels in Mexico. If I thought I needed to test them first to make sure they work right you would have heard from me a long time ago. I was able to land an 8-1 largie and had to fight the reel and the fish. That was exciting.
    But hey, two of the reels seem to be ok.
    I don't want to take away from your pride. I'm sure you're good at what you do usually. This just isn't one of those times. It's ok. I wasn't expecting to hear from you but I'm glad you heard my frustrations. Have a nice day.
    2000 Viper Coral 202/225 Pro Xs
    Ghost, HDS Lives, etc, etc.

3. Member
    [QUOTE=fsh4fun05;9811353]I am a bass fisherman. I have several reels and rods. Reels that have the same wear pattern, rods that get dirty in the same places. Trolling motors that look the same. I'm not going to defend myself. I'm blessed enough to put away reels and rods for special trips. I was able to land an 8-1 largie.

Sure that wasn’t a 9lb 7oz smallie😂😂😂😂😂😂

4. Member
    My pride is not a part of this. I’m simply seeking truth.

So you got the reels back and shelved them for 7 1/2 months? Yet in this post you were so excited because you “got your Zillions back just in time for the weekend” and you were going to “crank in a pig”

plot the hunger games

Yet you stated earlier that sadly that trip/tournament didn’t happen. Yet on April 1st you fished. But I guess you didn’t use those reels. You know, the ones you were so excited about 2 days earlier.

plot the hunger games

And before this goes any further, I’m not saying I doubt that there could be anything wrong with them, as anything mechanical can and will tear up.

But the situation youve described is akin of taking taking your car to a mechanic and then having it garaged for 7 1/2 months before you drive it.

Have a good day John.

5. Member
    Baahahahaha! I ended up going with some friends to Southern Utah. That was a good trip. Still no tournament and that's what I wanted the zillions for. I see what you're doing but my girlfriend thinks all my gear looks the same too. Good play though. I was still excited to get my reels back and as you can see I own several of them. I'm sorry buddy but I didn't use those reels until I went to Mexico. Feel free to troll my facebook page and ask my buddies who was there when I spooled them up in Mexico. I can give you name if you really want to know. I took the tape off of the spools.
    So, I've wasted enough time. It appears that you're not going to recommend Tackle Trap so I gotta move in with my life. I'm having spaghetti for dinner and I'll keep as a friend on fb if you would like to pursue this further. It was a slow year so not much for pics but I did get a 9-7 in Mexico too lol

6. Member
    I hear ya man. It’s all good from this end. No, I’m not going to recommend you send them back, as you made it quite clear that you were not interested in letting us look at them. After all, it is easier to complain to a general populous than to the person you feel you were wronged by.

Congrats on the 8-1, 9-7

if you want a recommendation, send them to Ian Shields. Best in this business.

7. Member
    It felt good to vent to people who understand.

8 more spots for Mexico left, November 2019. Holler at me if you're interested. We can have a margarita and I'll apologize if I was a dick. Just not right now ;)

8. Banned
    This is "venting"? More like being a....well....let's just say you could have called and talked to Bryan on the phone to come to some kind of agreement, or settle whatever. You know, like a normal human being. But then again, that's not the BBC way, is it?

9. Member
    Why bring this to an open form?? If you weren't happy call them and give them a chance to make it right.

10. Member
    Wow. Just, wow.

11. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    This is the most civil “bashing” I”ve ever seen!

Either they’re both telling the truth and it’s just a communication issue or we all are getting punked!?

If that’s as bad as it’s gonna get....I see no reason not to remain acquaintances and just agree to disagree. I actually like this. These days when people disagree they take it to EXTREME lengths, this is just a disagreement and they acted like men...much less “important” stuff has been posted here!

To me you both come across just fine...now if I can get my reel off to 13 Fishing!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Why bring this to an open form?? If you weren't happy call them and give them a chance to make it right.
    Aye!

I'm not judging here but........if I paid a bunch to get reels super tuned, I don't reasonably see it taking 7 months to actually use them. Both to check them out and like a kid in a candy shop, I would be out there casting them on my lawn or the next day on the water.....as soon as possible when I got them back. And I own a bunch of combos so I wouldn't need to, I would just want to.
    Last edited by earthworm77; 11-20-2018 at 08:29 AM.
    Question everything!

13. Member
    Wow!

It would be possible for me not to use reels for that long. But that has to do with geography. Here in NE there isn’t much open water fishing done November through March. Couple that with the fact that some of my reels would only get used a few times a year. I think I have a few reels that didn’t even get used once this year.

Having said that I used the TackleTrap last year for some reels. Everything came back in great working order and without any knicks or “wear” to the outside. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

I am sorry your experience was different. It is nice to hear both sides.
    Last edited by kickerfish1; 11-20-2018 at 09:02 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12