Replacing Transducer on Eyra, wire stuck near rear, any suggestions

Was removing wires for rear transducer to replace it and the wire is stuck on something. I can pull and get it to budge in either direct. It seems to be stuck right near the oil tan area behind the fiberglass obviously. Any options to get in there easier to get it free?
    2018 BassCat Eyra - 250Pro XS

2. Member
    An Eyra has the side "scoops" will removing it help you see what you need to see? If Basscat originally installed, hope it wasn't zip tied to the wiring harness
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

3. Member
    I was just thinking about taking that off, pretty sure it is just silicone in place. Just put a call into BassCat as well. I am not sure what it is stuck on but it is just out of reach. Feels like its just jammed and cant get it to pull from either side even back tracking the wire through. I just connected to the wrong plug otherwise this would have been simple

4. Member
    Those scoops are installed with a heavy duty adhesive. Taking one off could be a chore, and I'm not sure it will give you access to the wire. There is a hole behind the scoop with a plastic dryer duct attached for venting the bilge area.
    I believe the wiring is run thru PVC conduit.
    I believe if you take the Shift housing assy off (4 screws) it may help you gain access to the forward entrance of the conduit. Just be careful and take your time as the kill switch wiring is attached to the assy.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

5. Member
    Talked with the guys at BassCat and they said do not take off the scoop. Advised me should have used snake to remove it, I stated I wired to wrong one after I pulled. They said "ouch" and recommended drilling an access panel next to the oil reserve tank. They think it is wedged under the PVC that runs into the back and that is where the issue is. I wasn't going to drill it but after two days of fighting fiberglass and using a boroscope, hangers etc to try to locate and free up the plug, I have decided there will be an access panel after tomorrow. If it wasnt such an expensive transducer that is under warranty and out of stock I would just cut it and get a new one.

6. Member
    Found this old thread...I have a question about the Erya side scoops. Is the air actually directed to the bilge? Does this serve a real purpose, or is it more cosmetic? Has anyone had problems with them? It just kind of looks like something that may not stand the test of time to me. Thanks
    Bass Cat Eyra 2019
    Mercury 250 Pro XS Fourstroke

7. Member
    Yes jv83...air intake to bilge area.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jv83 View Post
    Found this old thread...I have a question about the Erya side scoops. Is the air actually directed to the bilge? Does this serve a real purpose, or is it more cosmetic? Has anyone had problems with them? It just kind of looks like something that may not stand the test of time to me. Thanks
    They are very well made.
    Never heard of anyone having an issue with the scoops.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs