Thread: Smartcraft

Banned

Smartcraft

Anyone know it there's a 10 pin connection or junction box factory installed near the helm?

I dont believe so. Not 100% sure on the new models but i know for sure my 2008 did not. I would doubt it the harness is just the main engine to keyswitch harness. If you want to add a smartcraft gauge such as a mercmonitor you simply run the data cable from the kit and its all plug and play.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Take cowling off motor. And the yellow connector in front up high by the flywheel is where it plugs in.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    Take cowling off motor. And the yellow connector in front up high by the flywheel is where it plugs in.
    Yep if you want the bus at the help you will need to run a cable.

5. Member
    Probably not installed, but easy enough to check... just pull the motor cover off and take a look. If there is a cable here its going somewhere, if there is a terminating resistor it hasn't been installed yet.

Here is how it looks after I installed mine.

Last edited by R2Tracker; 11-20-2018 at 07:25 AM.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

6. Banned
    It doesn't, as I disconnected the engine terminator when I installed the VV Mobile under the cowl. Guess I'll have to run a data cable to a J-box under the helm and install VV mobile there along with other goodies.

7. Member
    Other goodies... intrigued.
    Last edited by R2Tracker; 11-20-2018 at 08:51 PM.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Tracker View Post
    Other goodies... intrigued.
    I might put a mercmonitor in there. Hate messing with the phone every time the key gets turned on. I don't know though.......

I have a Level 1 Mercmonitor on my Optimax and while I do like the features, it is hard to read in the sunlight. I sought out and responded to advice from the experts but am not satisfied with the results.
    What works well for me is to place the few readings of interest on overlay in my Console mounted Lowrance HDS9 so I can see it at a glance and still have full view of the underlying split screen.
    If I had it to do over, I would buy the interface cable with the Smartcraft to NEMA 2000 translation module. Would have saved $200.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    I have a Level 1 Mercmonitor on my Optimax and while I do like the features, it is hard to read in the sunlight. I sought out and responded to advice from the experts but am not satisfied with the results.
    What works well for me is to place the few readings of interest on overlay in my Console mounted Lowrance HDS9 so I can see it at a glance and still have full view of the underlying split screen.
    If I had it to do over, I would buy the interface cable with the Smartcraft to NEMA 2000 translation module. Would have saved $200.
    Bill is it fairly easy to get those readings on your Lowrance from the Mercmonitor

Quote Originally Posted by fishon396 View Post
    Bill is it fairly easy to get those readings on your Lowrance from the Mercmonitor
    It is very easy. There are templates already set up that you can page to and customize. What I like is the ability to paste invidual readings on the screen overlay. I have an optimax and the standing rule is don’t put it on plane until the engine water temp reaches 120 degrees so I have “engine temp” pasted on the map screen that I run on my console unit.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching