Power pole Question

Has anyone added quick-connect coupling to the hydraulic lines to be able to easily remove the units?

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    outside of taking it to a hydraulic shop and having the lines cut and ends put on, there is no way to add quick disconnects to the new hydraulic hoses. it can be done, however if someone really wanted or needed it.

Please forgive my ignorance because I am not real familiar with hydraulic fluid power but it seems like connecting and disconnecting a hose would be introducing a small amount of air into the system when you unplug and replug the connection. I know it will not leak with proper connectors on each end but it seems like it would get a small of air into the system and air in hydraulics is a bad thing. Maybe I am overthinking this but it seems like a good idea in theory but not so good in actuality. I very well could be wrong...this is just me thinking out loud.

4. Member
    Quick connects are used on all types of hydraulic equipment. I have them on excavators, backhoes, skid steers, etc. I just need to find a shop that will have fittings and crimpers compatible with the hose on the Blade.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmike View Post
    Quick connects are used on all types of hydraulic equipment. I have them on excavators, backhoes, skid steers, etc. I just need to find a shop that will have fittings and crimpers compatible with the hose on the Blade.
    This exactly, there is no air introduced into the system. They are used on every detachable piece of equipment known to man as hydraulic benefits and reliability far outweigh any type of electric cable /pully or linear actuator system.

As I said I might be overthinking it. My thought to myself out load was just on Power Poles hydraulics. I never gave thought that it is done with other equipment with no issues. I could see this as a real benefit with people who have multiple boats. There is several different scenarios where people have two boats for different purposes but both could benefit from having shallow water anchors. A quick disconnect could allow a person to to rig both boats for poles but only purchase one set because you could move them from boat to boat. I wonder if Power Pole will come up with something like that to benefit the customer. This is something they should consider as a extra selling point.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    As I said I might be overthinking it. My thought to myself out load was just on Power Poles hydraulics. I never gave thought that it is done with other equipment with no issues. I could see this as a real benefit with people who have multiple boats. There is several different scenarios where people have two boats for different purposes but both could benefit from having shallow water anchors. A quick disconnect could allow a person to to rig both boats for poles but only purchase one set because you could move them from boat to boat. I wonder if Power Pole will come up with something like that to benefit the customer. This is something they should consider as a extra selling point.
    they have always sold quick disconnects, however it was when they went from tubing to the real hydraulic lines that they no longer offer it, you could always just cut your tubing yourself and add the disconnects, with the hoses you have to have special hoses made im not sure if they will offer a smaller hose option with a disconnect eventually however they are very good at having it if there is a strong market call for it my guess is there never was a strong need before so thats whay they haven't developed such a system for the new hoses, however it is a point I will bring up with them as a dealer and get back to this post with what they say.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    they have always sold quick disconnects, however it was when they went from tubing to the real hydraulic lines that they no longer offer it, you could always just cut your tubing yourself and add the disconnects, with the hoses you have to have special hoses made im not sure if they will offer a smaller hose option with a disconnect eventually however they are very good at having it if there is a strong market call for it my guess is there never was a strong need before so thats whay they haven't developed such a system for the new hoses, however it is a point I will bring up with them as a dealer and get back to this post with what they say.
    I'm installing Blades I purchased from you recently, and I want to be able to remove one Blade and reinstall a kicker motor on my 619 when I need it. I'll come up with a solution.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmike View Post
    I'm installing Blades I purchased from you recently, and I want to be able to remove one Blade and reinstall a kicker motor on my 619 when I need it. I'll come up with a solution.
    as stated best solution would be stop into a hydraulic shop and have them split the line crimp on new ends at the spot you want to add the disconnects best way to do it. while your at it can have them shorten the lines so you wont have to coil up the excess like the rest of us lol.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    as stated best solution would be stop into a hydraulic shop and have them split the line crimp on new ends at the spot you want to add the disconnects best way to do it. while your at it can have them shorten the lines so you wont have to coil up the excess like the rest of us lol.
    How long are the factory stock hoses?

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BCLII View Post
    How long are the factory stock hoses?
    There is 10 feet of usable hose on the 2.0 models.