I dont understand why he took her

Im sorry if this is rather long but I really need to get this off my chest.

A little of my story: I grew up angry. Don't know why, I just was. I eventually got tired of it and decided I was going to be happy no matter what and it seemed that every time I was happy, something would happen. I met this girl and we rushed into things and we had 2 awesome boys. Things didn't work out and we divorced after 10 months. She took the boys back to GA from VA(where we moved because I couldn't find decent work in GA) thinking I wouldn't fight for custody. I did and I won full custody. She hasn't seen them in almost 10 years.

Well I thought that was tough. I work 12 hour swing shifts and my boys are 10 months old and 2 years old. I would sleep 3 hours a day just so I would be there for them. I had to be. Sleep was least important to me. I had to be there for them. HAD TO!! I didn't look at women because I didn't have time for them. My boys was it. My whole world! Everything I did was for them.

Well this woman come to work in my building and we got along great! I never thought of a relationship but we started hanging out and with a little coaxing and help of an older coworker we called mom, well it happened. I mean she was perfect. We got a long great. Hardly ever disagreed or argued about anything. No jealousy, No judging of past experiences. Just genuine love for one another. She was the one ya know.

We had to switch shifts to work opposite shifts for child care. that means we were off only 2 days a month together but most of the time we had to work overtime on those days. We did that for almost 4 years. It was tough. I missed her so much then. but it taught us to appreciate the time we had together. and we surely did.

We recently got a promotion to where I could switch crews and it would grant us 6 days off a month together and OMG we were so excited! 6 whole days, that's not much at all, but we were ecstatic! She started her job, but they still needed me on my current crew so I had to stay for another month. That's fine, Im a patient person.

Well, I finally change crews and work the 4 night shifts, talking to her most of the night like we always do, until she goes to bed. Well Monday night at 130 in the morning I got busy and she quits messaging me. I think she just goes to bed. Its been a busy night, ill see her in the morning.

I get off work and head home. I pull in the drive way and see the lights still on, I think shes up? I look at the sky and think about being up in the stars for some odd reason. I open the door and my life would halt! I don't know what happened. She is lying there peacefully like she just fell asleep. No health issues or nothing.

I cant wrap my head around it. Im devastated. WHY? Ive always struggled with the question is god real? Ive always felt him just always questioned it. I don't know why. I just did even though I knew he was. Is this his plan for me? Why would he take her? I just don't understand!

Please, if youre the praying kind, please a prayer would help me now. Ill be fine, I have to for my boys!

Thank you all.
    2014 Ranger RT188 with Mercury 115 four stroke

2. Banned
    So sorry for you and the boys; prayers sent up

3. Member
    Sorry for your loss

It's all about good versus evil, the closer you draw near to God the more adversity you experience trying to draw you away. It took me a long time to realize this.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

4. Member
    I'm afraid I can't answer your question, other than to say God's ways are not our ways.

Our Father in heaven, we lift our brother up to You this morning, and ask You to wrap Your loving arms around him, and let him feel Your love. Grant him the peace that surpasses all understanding. Comfort him in this unhappy time, and bless him, and his two children.

We ask these things in the precious and Holy name of Your Son, Jesus the Christ.
    Last edited by CajunBass; 11-19-2018 at 08:13 AM.

5. Member
    Trust God. I know this is extremely difficult right now as you are mourning the love of your wife.

Perhaps reading the book of Job will help.

I am praying that the Holy Spirit will comfort you with the peace that passes understanding.

You can be certain that God loves you and will never leave you.
    Last edited by 1Holeshot; 11-19-2018 at 09:19 PM.

6. Member

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
    I'm afraid I can't answer your question, other than to say God's ways are not our ways.

Our Father in heaven, we lift our brother up to You this morning, and ask You to wrap Your loving arms around him, and let him fee Your love. Grant him the peace that surpasses all understanding. Comfort him in this unhappy time, and bless him, and his two children.

We ask these things in the precious and Holy name of Your Son, Jesus the Christ.
    Amen.

8. Member

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post

Our Father in heaven, we lift our brother up to You this morning, and ask You to wrap Your loving arms around him, and let him fee Your love. Grant him the peace that surpasses all understanding. Comfort him in this unhappy time, and bless him, and his two children.

Thank you so much for this. I don't know why but it helped me. I don't understand why this has happened but I will be strong.

I have always loved the verse " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Thank you all for the prayers. They are being felt.
    2014 Ranger RT188 with Mercury 115 four stroke

Sorry for your loss brother.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

12. Member
    Sorry for your LOSS!

13. Member
    I second that Job suggestion. Please reside in God's grace as Job did (although he questioned God's motives).

14. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    So sorry that you're having to go through this... Adding a prayer that His strength, comfort and peace be upon you and your boys.

2 Corinthians 12:9

Who controls John Gill?

Deepest sympathy on your loss.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

16. Member
    I get off work and head home. I pull in the drive way and see the lights still on, I think shes up? I look at the sky and think about being up in the stars for some odd reason. I open the door and my life would halt! I don't know what happened. She is lying there peacefully like she just fell asleep. No health issues or nothing.

after reading your short post I do not think it was odd for you to "look at the sky and think about being up in the stars "……… That will be where your peace can come from, I believe it was God himself that showed you where to look when times get tough.

I pray you and your children's path lead to Christ.