Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thoughts On Resale

I am 76 years old and own a Nitro z6. I am on the water in Northern California 2-3 times a week. The reason for the new boat is stability. I am looking at a new Z19 or 20. Being realistic, I will most likely be looking to sell the new boat in 3-4 years. The question is which one will be easier to sell? ROI not really an issue.

Jim

If you price right...Not much different in my opinion. Should sell either easy.

Either one taken care of and priced right. Buyers tend to be more educated now than ever. If you wanted me to pick one tho id say the 20.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Either one taken care of and priced right. Buyers tend to be more educated now than ever. If you wanted me to pick one tho id say the 20.
    +1

5. Member
    I just bought a 19 foot boat but I seem to be in the minority when it comes to size wants.

In our area, it seems to be people like the entry 18 foot models or go to the 20 and 21’s. My opinion would be the 20 would be easier to sell.

If I were in your shoes, I would go to a larger dealer in the area and ask them what they sell more of. If they keep stats, you might able to get some concrete info. If one sells easier new, you should be able to say one would sell better used.

6. Member
    Don't buy vehicles, boats, RV, etc. with your eye on resale.
    Just get the one you like the best, otherwise you'll second guess.
    Enjoy it. You've earned the right to spend the coin.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    THIS!! I Only thing that might alter my decision from what I wanted. Would be how I was able to store it

8. Banned
    You can never have too much storage on a boat so get what you want and have fun.

9. Member
    20 ftr. More of a market for them. But figure out what you like. Everything will sell but what will make you happy now....

Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Especially when you are 76 years old !!!

76, fishes 2-3 times a week, and is getting a new boat! Awesome stuff! This is what I want when I retire.

To answer your question, go with the 20'er. I agree with the poster that it seems like people want either an 18' or 20'.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

12. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Please don't take this wrong because I do not say this to be mean but at 76 years old I would not worry about resale value 2-3 years down the road. I hope you continue to fish for many years to come but at your stage in life if I could afford it I would buy a new boat and get exactly what I wanted knowing it was going to my last boat purchase ever. I would hope to fish out of it another 10-15 or more years and then let my estate worry about resale ...my neighbor is 75 and still tournament fishes and still has strong finishes. He won AOY around 70 years old and just this year at 75 he was second in the club classic and routinely cashes a check. My hats off to you for thinking about buying new at 76...hope you wet a line for several more years but as I said I would not worry about resale I would let my estate figure that out

13. Banned
    Get a z520 most stable

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jboutfishn View Post
    I am 76 years old and own a Nitro z6. I am on the water in Northern California 2-3 times a week. The reason for the new boat is stability. I am looking at a new Z19 or 20. Being realistic, I will most likely be looking to sell the new boat in 3-4 years. The question is which one will be easier to sell? ROI not really an issue.

Jim
    If you are looking at a boat and worried about resale down the road than buy a Ranger.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jboutfishn View Post

Jim
    I have been in the boat sales business for a very long time, go Z520 with out a doubt for resale and be sure to max out the horse power!!!

16. Banned
    I got 520 this time over 521 for stability and deck size

17. Member
    Guys, I am going to get a Nitro, my question was only which one would be easier to sell.
    Thanks guys.

18. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Z20

19. Banned
    Ok then none of them

20. Member
    I cant speak for your location but around the Great Lakes a 20 footer would be easier to resell..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast